- 【物理学】“色”，“色”性，“色”态(夸克的假设特性) [亦作color]
- 给...着色，给...上色，给…涂色 ，染，使带上色彩
- [U]彩色 the quality in objects which can be seen
- [C]颜色 red, blue, green, etc.
- [S][U]脸色,气色 the general appearance of a person's skin
- [C]肤色 the color of a person's skin showing which race they belong to
- [U]特色,个性; 情调 details or behavior of a place, thing, or person, that interest the mind or eye and excite the imagination; character
- [C][U]颜料 substance used to give color to sth
- vi. 变红; 脸红 take on or change colour; become red in the face
- vt. 着色; 渲染 cause sth to have colour; give a special effect or feeling to (a person, event, etc.)
any material used for its color;
"she used a different color for the trim"
a race with skin pigmentation different from the white race (especially Blacks)
(physics) the characteristic of quarks that determines their role in the strong interaction;
"each flavor of quarks comes in three colors"
interest and variety and intensity;
"the Puritan Period was lacking in color"
"the characters were delineated with exceptional vividness"
the timbre of a musical sound;
"the recording fails to capture the true color of the original music"
a visual attribute of things that results from the light they emit or transmit or reflect;
"a white color is made up of many different wavelengths of light"
an outward or token appearance or form that is deliberately misleading;
"he hoped his claims would have a semblance of authenticity"
"he tried to give his falsehood the gloss of moral sanction"
"the situation soon took on a different color"
the appearance of objects (or light sources) described in terms of a person's perception of their hue and lightness (or brightness) and saturation
having or capable of producing colors;
"he rented a color television"
"marvelous color illustrations"
modify or bias;
"His political ideas color his lectures"
decorate with colors;
"color the walls with paint in warm tones"
give a deceptive explanation or excuse for;
"color a lie"
affect as in thought or feeling;
"My personal feelings color my judgment in this case"
"The sadness tinged his life"
add color to;
"The child colored the drawings"
"Fall colored the trees"
"colorize black and white film"
change color, often in an undesired manner;
"The shirts discolored"
- She painted the window sills a bright colour.
- His dress is very similar to mine in colour.
- That colour doesn't suit your complexion.
- Colour is often an additive in foods.
- Either dye or paints are used to colour cloth.
- The printer will output colour graph.
- Children enjoy watching colour TV.
- The natives were intrigued with the colour of our skin.
- The wind of the autumn colour the maples carmine .
- He hashed a phrase in order to colour the sentence.
- News is often coloured.
- Don't allow personal loyalty to colour your judgement.
- A judge can't let personal feelings colour his decisions.
- The leaves start to colour in autumn.
- She coloured with embarrassment at his remarks.
- I think the colour of the paint will blend in the wall very nicely.
- The colour of these curtains approximates that of the rug.
- The colour of the wall and the colour of the carpet will blend together.
- This colour shows your complexion off to the best advantage.
- The new colour is lighter, and the old paint shows through.
- Will the colour in this material fade?
- Why split hairs over the colour of the dress?
- This colour lends warmth to the room, as it gets no natural sunlight.
- This colour will last.
- Take care to match the sewing thread with the cloth so that the stitches, being of the same colour, will not show.
- Her husband mixed the colour for her.
- The artist mixed blue with yellow paint to produce the colour green he wanted.
- Sugar acquires a brown colour by being burnt.
- You can stain the wood with this special liquid to give it a pleasing colour.
- I want to paint my bed a bright colour.
- A colour may kill another near it.
- Do you think these two colours will blend together?
- He painted some bees with little spots of colours.
- These colours won't last if exposed to the sun.
- I matched the colour of my sweater with the colour of my shirt.
- The two colours jar.
- Keep the background colours dark so that the main figure will show more clearly.
- The colours go so very well together.
- The bright colours engage a baby's attention.
- The painter was busy mixing his colours.
- You can adjust the colour on the TV by turning this knob.
- I try my best to blend the colour of the paint (in) with the curtains.
- Blue, red and yellow are colours.
- Everything we see has colour.
- Please sort these cards according to their colour.
- The little girl paints nicely in water colours.
- (Of) what colour is his new car?
- (With) what colour shall I paint your door?
- My car is (of) the same colour as yours.
- The bright colours of the flowers arrested the girl's attention.
- Insects are attracted to flowers by their colour, scent and nectar.
- The painter evolved his ideas about the form and colour out of the work of an earlier artist.
- The design of the building is well matched in colour.
- The room is lacking in colour.
- The azaleas made a mass of colour in the garden.
- Do you like oil paintings or water colour?
- The painter has left many water colour sketches that have won for him a significant place.
- Our new neighbour is always flinging his money about, with his colour television and his new car every year.
- They are saving up to buy a colour TV set.
- The thieves couldn't shift any of those stolen colour televisions.
- The price of the colour TV has jumped to five thousand yuan .
- He is going with me to help me pick out a colour TV set.
- She loves the life, noise, and colour of the market.
- He lost colour during his illness.
- The fever gave her a high colour.
- The old lady became angry at the remarks and changed colour.
- The clothes blends in with her colour of skin very much.
- We raised our colours when we reached the top of the mountain.
- There is a pirate ship under false colours on the sea.
- He would rather die than lower his colours.
- In the face of sharp criticisms the young scientist still stuck to his colours.
- This only serves to expose more clearly their true colours.
- The question was unexpected. She coloured very slightly.
- As soon as he started arguing he coloured quickly.
- The Cardinal coloured with vexation.
- Either dye or paints are used to colour cloth.
- Mary coloured her picture with pencils.
- The child coloured all the shapes on the page with a crayon.
- Personal feelings coloured his judgement.
- The witness coloured his testimony.
- Don't let your personal feelings colour your judgment.
- She tried to colour her lie.
- She tried to colour her nervousness as she waited to make her speech.
- News is often coloured.
- Travellers' tales are often highly coloured.
- His criticisms are clearly coloured by hostility.
- One's point of view is necessarily coloured by past experience.
- He coloured the walls green.
- He didn't like white, so he decided to colour the sheet green.
- The soap was coloured a light blue.
- The bird is coloured yellowish in the back, wings and tail.
- The coloured flags are fluttering in the breeze.
- The flame in the furnace can be looked at through coloured glasses.
- give a false colour to
歪曲 give a wrong character or tone
- give sb his colours
把某人选入运动队 choose sb to be one of sports team members
- haul down one's colours
妥协,投降,认输 yield; admit defeat
- lay on the colours
- lend colour to
使显得更真实或更可信 make sth seem more likely
- lower one's colours
放弃要求 give up one's demand
- nail colours to the mast
明确表示自己的观点; 阐明观点 declare one's opinion
- off colour
色泽不佳; 身体不舒服 not in good health
- put false colour upon
- sail under false colours
冒充,欺骗 be a hypocrite or impostor
- see in its true colours
看清某事的真面目 see the truth of a thing
see sth in its true colours
It's not easy to see the matter in its true colours.
- see the colour of sb's money
接受某人的钱 receive one's money
- show one's true colour
露出真面目 show what one really is
- stick to one's colour
坚持自己的观点refuse to change one's opinion or party
- with flying colours
出色地 outstanding; remarkable
- colour in (v.+prep.)
给…着色 fill in with colour
colour in sth
The child was colouring in a series of outline drawings.
- colour up (v.+adv.)
She coloured up at the young man's name.
He coloured up with annoyance.
他因愤怒而脸色变红。colour sth ⇔ up
Some journalists like to colour their stories up with alluring details of people's private lives.
- add colour 添色
- alter〔turn〕 colour 改变颜色
- assume colour 呈一色
- blend colour 混合颜色
- change colour 变色
- gain〔lose〕 colour 脸色变得红润〔脸色变得苍白〕
- give〔lend〕 colour to 使…显得可信,给…增添色彩
- have a high colour 脸色红润
- match the colour of sth 与某物的颜色相称
- put in colours 着色
- wear colours 穿有色彩的衣服
- beautiful〔bright, clear〕 colour 美丽〔鲜明,清晰〕的颜色
- cold〔warm〕 colour 冷〔暖〕色
- fashionable〔prevalent〕 colour 流行色
- local〔political〕 colour 地方〔政治〕色彩
- organic colour 有机颜料
- pink colour 粉色
- protective colour 保护色
- rich colour 丰富的色彩
- soft colour 柔和的颜色
- tender colour 温柔的脸色
- tinting colour 着色颜料
- transparent colour 透明色彩
- watery colour 水彩色
- colour film〔photo〕 彩色电影〔照片〕
- film in colour 彩色电影
- in dark colours 悲观地
- people of all colours 各色人种
- under the colour of friendship 以友谊为借口
- without colour 不加渲染
- colour all the shapes 把所有的图形都涂上了颜色
- colour cloth 染布
- colour news 渲染消息
- colour one's testimony 歪曲证词
- colour tales 夸张故事
- colour the picture 给图画上色
- colour amusingly 染上令人吃惊的颜色
- colour angrily 染上令人生气的颜色
- colour brilliantly 染上明亮的颜色
- colour conspicuously 染上显而易见的颜色
- colour distinctly 染上截然不同的颜色
- colour emotionally 染上令人激动的颜色
- colour enchantingly 染上令人着迷的颜色
- colour exquisitely 染上精美的颜色
- colour faintly 染上暗淡的颜色
- colour garishly 染上鲜艳夺目的颜色
- colour gorgeously 染上华丽的颜色
- colour harmoniously 染上和谐的颜色
- colour highly 染上十分好的颜色
- colour incredibly 惊人地脸红
- colour lavishly 染上过分的颜色
- colour necessarily 必要地着色
- colour normally 正常地涂色
- colour obscurely 染上不清楚的颜色
- colour painfully 染上令人痛心的颜色
- colour synthetically 染上综合性的颜色
- colour unevenly 染上不均的颜色
- colour violently 猛劲地渲染
- colour up 脸红,夸大
Her hair..was a rich auburn colour.出自： Day Lewis
The colours the Duke preferred were gay and warm; no greens, blues, black or white.出自： E. Longford
Finish the picture by joining the dots...Colour it with crayons or felt-tips.出自：Church Times
Her dances are romantically coloring the world after nature.出自：Globe Mail (Toronto)
- colour用作名词时,意思是“颜色”“脸色”,由“颜色”转化成动词,意思是“着色”“渲染色彩”“受影响”; 由“脸色”转化成动词,可表示“脸红”,多用于口语,强调由于紧张而引起的情绪变化。colour有时也可用于指某物改变颜色，有时还可指“掩饰”。
- colour作“脸红”“变红”解时，是不及物动词,可与up, with等词连用; 作“着色”“渲染”解时是及物动词,可接简单宾语,也可接由形容词充当补足语的复合宾语，可用于被动结构。
- colours, banner, flag, standard
- The banner of freedom was raised and the whole nation fought to drive out the invaders.自由的旗帜升起了,全国奋起战斗,把侵略者驱逐出去。
- The group was awarded a red banner for good work.这个小组工作出色,得了红旗奖。
- Two men carried the standard in the royal parade.在盛大的游行队伍中两个男子打着旗子。
- Carry our country's standard proudly!自豪地擎起我们的国旗!
- The dragon is the standard of China.龙是中国的象征。
- We must hold high the great standard of revolution.我们必须高举革命大旗。
- We raised our colours when we reached the top of the mountain.当我们到达山顶的时候我们升起了我们的队旗。
- There is a pirate ship under false colours on the sea.海上有一只海盗船挂着假冒的旗帜航行。
- He would rather die than lower his colours.他宁死不屈。
- In the face of sharp criticisms the young scientist still stuck to his colours.面对着尖锐的批评这位青年科学家依然坚持自己的主张。
- colour, dye, paint, stain
- 1.colour的意思最广泛,不管染色的深浅,不分使用什么染料,也不分给什么东西染色。用于比喻义,有“渲染,夸张”的意思,而dye, paint, stain没有此义。
- 2.dye, paint指有意地“染色”。dye指使用染料永远地改变物体的颜色,如毛纺织品或头发等; paint指把颜料或涂料涂在墙壁、家具等物体表面,使用的材料是耐久的,有“描绘,画画”的倾向。例如:
- Black will dye over other colours.黑色能把大多数其他颜色染掉。
- This dress had been dyed several times.这件连衣裙已染过几次了。
- She dyed her hair red.她把头发染成红色。
- When will you paint the wall? 你们什么时候漆墙?
- We painted the house once, then we went over it again.我们把房间油漆了一遍,然后又打扫了一遍。
- The hero in the storybook was painted as a brave man.故事书中的主人公被描绘成一个勇敢的人。
- This carpet stains easily, so try not to spill anything on it.这块地毯很容易弄脏,所以请尽量避免把东西溅到上面。
- She has stained the floorboards dark brown.她把地板漆成了深褐色。
- His crimes stained the family honor.他的罪行玷污了他家庭的名誉。
- 4.dye, colour有“脸红”的意思, paint, stain则没有。例如:
- Deep blushes dyed her cheeks.她双颊透红。
误 She likes red colour.
正 She likes colour red.
析 colour的意思是“颜色”, red的意思是“红颜色”,意思重复。正句中的red是colour的同位语。天空湛蓝如海。
误 The sky has the colour of the deep sea.
正 The sky is the colour of deep sea.
误 The baby ants are helped out of the cocoons, still pale at colour.
正 The baby ants are helped out of the cocoons, still pale in colour.
误 The car is red colour.
正 The car is of red colour.
正 The car is red.这部车是红褐色的。
误 The car is reddish-brown colour.
正 The car is a reddish-brown colour.
析 colour由表示颜色的词(如red, blue, green, etc.)修饰时,不能直接用在be之后,但可用“be of+red+colour”结构。如不用colour,直接用red等表示颜色的名词作表语,则可以直接用在be 之后,此时是省略了介词of。如果该颜色不常见,特别是复合词,有“一种…色”的描绘意味,则可直接修饰colour,其前还常加不定冠词a,这时也可看作用在be之后且省略of。
- ☆ 直接源自古法语的color，意为色泽，色彩，颜色。