- adj. 严肃的；严重的；认真的；危急的；庄重的
- 严重的,非同小可的 not easy to deal with causing worry and needing attention, not slight
- 认真的,真诚的 not joking or funny; (intended) to be considered as sincere
- 严肃的,庄重的 as if thinking deeply about important or worrying matters
- 重要的 of an important kind, needing paid any serious attention
concerned with work or important matters rather than play or trivialities;
"a serious student of history"
"a serious attempt to learn to ski"
"gave me a serious look"
"a serious young man"
"are you serious or joking?"
"Don't be so serious!"
of great consequence;
"marriage is a serious matter"
causing fear or anxiety by threatening great harm;
"a dangerous operation"
"a grave situation"
"a grave illness"
"grievous bodily harm"
"a serious wound"
"a serious turn of events"
"a severe case of pneumonia"
"a life-threatening disease"
appealing to the mind;
"a serious book"
completely lacking in playfulness
requiring effort or concentration; complex and not easy to answer or solve;
"raised serious objections to the proposal"
"the plan has a serious flaw"
- Do not treat this serious matter as a joke.
- A serious look passed over his face.
- There was a serious motor smash on the bridge.
- We are today facing a serious credit crunch.
- The hardest task of a girl's life is to prove to a man that his intention is serious.
- I was pretty serious in what I said at dinner.
- It was felt inappropriate by some that such a serious occasion should include dancing.
- A serious toothache is an intense pain.
- Many serious diseases are carried by insects.
- Europe is threatened with a serious fuel shortage.
- We were put at a serious disadvantage.
- Nutrient problem is one of the most serious problems.
- Though we suffer from serious natural calamities, we are sure to overcome all difficulties.
- During that serious time, we must save the passengers who were dropping into the river.
- Choice of one's life work is a serious matter.
- This is a serious question.
- It is a serious article.
- We'll be doing some serious drinking over Christmas.
- I want to have a serious talk with you.
- This subject has never been paid any serious attention.
- Let's have a serious talk about your future.
- Our error was serious.
- The situation is more serious than it has been since the end of the war.
- The state of affairs is very serious.
- They notified the authorities that pollution in that area was serious.
- The situation is becoming serious.
- His case is no more serious than yours.
- There was a fight, and the resultant damage was serious.
- The attack of malaria was so serious this time that he crumpled up all at once.
- Indeed, the drought is serious, but it can't scare us.
- If you suspect that the illness might be serious, you should not put off going to the doctor.
- He looks very serious.
- He looked serious as he entered the classroom.
- I was perfectly serious in what I said at dinner.
- He seemed serious at that time.
- “Management have decided to give us an extra day's holiday as a special bonus”“You can't be serious!”
- serious about
认真的,真诚的 in earnest; sincere
- serious attention 认真的注意
- serious disadvantage 极其不利
- serious drinking 痛饮一番
- serious illness 重病
- serious matter 慎重考虑的事
- serious music 严肃音乐
- serious natural calamities 严重的自然灾害
- serious problems 严重的问题
- serious question 严肃的问题
- serious speech 严肃演讲
- serious talk 认真谈一谈
- serious time 时间很紧急
- deadly serious 极其严重的
- take it serious 认真对待这事
- serious about 对…认真的
- serious about one's work 对工作很认真
I really entertain serious thoughts of learning how to use a gun.出自： F. A. Kemble
Quite a serious flirtation with a man who played a flute.出自： D. H. Lawrence
The generation now reaching middle-age has been a peculiarly serious one.出自： G. Greene
- serious, severe
- He received severe leg injuries in the accident.在事故中他的腿部受了重伤。
- She was laid up for a year with a very serious〔severe〕 illness.她由于病重而卧床一年。
误 Do you think he is serious in leaving his wife?
正 Do you think he is serious about leaving his wife?
析 当表示“对…严肃”时,用介词 about ,不可用介词in。
- ☆ 1440年进入英语，直接源自中世纪法语的srieux，意为严重的；最初源自拉丁语的serius，意为严重的，重要的。
- seriously adv. 严重地；危险地;认真地;真的;说真的