in a serious manner;
"talking earnestly with his son"
"she started studying snakes in earnest"
"a play dealing seriously with the question of divorce"
to a severe or serious degree;
"fingers so badly frozen they had to be amputated"
"a severely impaired heart"
"is gravely ill"
"was seriously ill"
- We are currently focusing seriously on this matter.
- The judges appeared to weigh the matter seriously.
- His reply was taken half seriously, half in jest.
- You must take very seriously what you engage in.
- Don't take it seriously - he's only teasing.
- Seriously damaged, the bridge is no longer in use.
- He was seriously injured in the traffic accident.
Do you seriously believe a man can predict the future?出自： G. Vidal
He ate seriously, his eyes cast down.出自： A. Brookner