- n. 比率；比例
- [C]比,比率 relation between two amounts determined by the number of times one contains the other
the relative magnitudes of two quantities (usually expressed as a quotient)
the relation between things (or parts of things) with respect to their comparative quantity, magnitude, or degree;
"an inordinate proportion of the book is given over to quotations"
"a dry martini has a large proportion of gin"
- The ratios of 1 to 5 and 20 to 100 are the same.
- Men outnumber women here in the ratio of three to one.
- The ratio of schoolboys to schoolgirls is 2 to 1.
- The ratio of nursing staff to doctors is 2:1.
- The ratio of pupils to teachers was 30 to 1.
- The ratios of 1 to 5 and 20 to 100 are the same.1