put down by force or intimidation;
"The government quashes any attempt of an uprising"
"China keeps down her dissidents very efficiently"
"The rich landowners subjugated the peasants working the land"
"The contract was annulled"
"void a plea"
- The army was called in to quash the revolt.
- The applicant sought judicial review to quash the order.
- The appeal court quashed the care order made by the juvenile court.
- I was about to learn how to quash hunger.
- Growth, translated into jobs, is designed to quash the risk of social instability.
On appeal, the convictions of the driver and Kennedy were quashed.出自：Times