- vt. 避免；逃避；[律]使无效；撤销
- vt. 回避; 避开; 躲避 try not to do sth; try not to go near sb or sth
- vt. 预防; 防止 prevent sth bad from happening, or stop oneself from doing (sth)
stay clear from; keep away from; keep out of the way of someone or something;
"Her former friends now avoid her"
prevent the occurrence of; prevent from happening;
"Let's avoid a confrontation"
"head off a confrontation"
"avert a strike"
refrain from doing something;
"She refrains from calling her therapist too often"
"He should avoid publishing his wife's memories"
refrain from certain foods or beverages;
"I keep off drugs"
"During Ramadan, Muslims avoid tobacco during the day"
"The contract was annulled"
"void a plea"
- You should avoid unnecessary repetition.
- They all avoided mentioning that name.
- He'll grab at any excuse to avoid doing the dishes.
- No one can avoid his own responsibility.
- avoid a heart attack 避免发心脏病
- avoid a mistake 避免错误
- avoid a purchase 撤销一项购货
- avoid an accident 避免一场事故
- avoid an answer 回避答复
- avoid bad company 避免与坏人为伍
- avoid danger 避开危险
- avoid evil 避免邪恶
- avoid making a reply 避而不答
- avoid mistakes 避免错误
- avoid one's neighbours 避开街坊邻里
- avoid punishment 逃避惩罚
- avoid sb's eyes 避开某人的目光
- avoid the heavy traffic 避免交通阻塞
- avoid the topic 避开话题
- avoid a contract 废止合同
- avoid carefully 小心地避免
- avoid cautiously 小心翼翼地避免
- avoid openly 公开回避
- avoid scrupulously 谨慎地避免
- avoid strictly 严格回避
- avoid studiously 小心回避
- avoid totally 完全回避
- avoid sth by 靠…逃避某事
Commanded the chambre to be avoided.出自： T. Elyot
- avoidable adj. 可避免的‖avoidance n. 回避，躲避