to cause inconvenience or discomfort to;
"Sorry to trouble you, but..."
put out considerable effort;
"He put out the same for seven managers"
deprive of the oxygen necessary for combustion;
thrust or extend out;
"He held out his hand"
"point a finger"
"extend a hand"
"the bee exserted its sting"
put out, as of a candle or a light;
"Douse the lights"
be sexually active;
"She is supposed to put out"
cause to be out on a fielding play
"he was put out at third base on a long throw from left field"
prepare and issue for public distribution or sale;
"publish a magazine or newspaper"
administer an anesthetic drug to;
"The patient must be anesthetized before the operation"
"anesthetize the gum before extracting the teeth"
- The government put out a warning against flood.
- Far water does not put out near fire.
- A gale warning has just been put out.
- Do not ask me who put out the light.
- I'll try to put out some feelers to gauge people's reactions to our proposal.
- Haywood put out a lot of money at 6 percent.
- I am put out for he is always partial to one while neglecting the other.
- His action incensed his wife who came out of the house, shouting abuse.
- The boats will put out to sea on this evening's high tide.
- She sent him a Dear John letter just as he put out to sea.
- You must work hard to ride out a storm.
- He put out the same for seven managers.
- put out to grass 解雇
- put someone's nose out of joint (取代某人而成为焦点...
- put out of one's head 不再想; 放弃...
- put out to stud 用来配种
- put out feelers 加以试探
- put out 熄灭
- put one's tongue out 向(某人)伸舌头...
- put someone's pipe out 妨碍某人成功,使某人...
- put one's arm out further than one can draw it back again 把手伸得太长,冒险妄...
- put oneself out 努力
- put someone out of the way 把某人关进监牢...
- put out of action 使失去效用
- put one's tongue out at someone 向(某人)伸舌头...
- put one's neck out 不顾一切地硬来; 担...
- put out of court 使 ... 失去诉讼...
- put out a feeler 试探他人的反应,提出...
- put out of commission 编入后备队
- put it out of someone's power to do 使某人不可能或无法...
- put out of gear 遮断传动装置(妨碍进...
- put someone out to service 使某人当佣人...
- douse 浸入
- extinguish 熄灭
- quench 熄灭
- print 印刷
- trample 踩踏
- stretch forth 伸出
- discommode 使不方便
- hold out 伸出
- inconvenience 不便
- anaesthetise 使 ... 麻醉
- issue 议题
- exsert 抽出
- bother 烦扰
- put under 使处于 ... 下...
- anesthetise 使麻醉
- smother 窒息
- trouble 困难
- extend 延伸
- anaesthetize 使…麻醉
- incommode （使）感不便...
- release 释放
- disoblige 不满足 ... 的愿望...
- stretch out 伸出
- anesthetize 使麻醉
- publish 出版
- retire 退休
- bring out 使明显
- put to sleep 使入睡