extend or stretch out to a greater or the full length;
"Unfold the newspaper"
"stretch out that piece of cloth"
"extend the TV antenna"
lie down comfortably;
"To enjoy the picnic, we stretched out on the grass"
thrust or extend out;
"He held out his hand"
"point a finger"
"extend a hand"
"the bee exserted its sting"
extend one's body or limbs;
"Let's stretch for a minute--we've been sitting here for over 3 hours"
stretch (the neck) so as to see better;
"The women craned their necks to see the President drive by"
- The balcony juts out over the swimming pool.
- The soldier saw a gun jutting out of some bushes.
- The small garden slug can stretch its body to enter worm holes.
- Stretch in roving due to improper tension in the roving.
- The sea stretched out as far as I could see.
- The landscape seemed to stretch into infinity.
- This contract will stretch to next month.
- The talks look set to stretch into a second week.