- vt. 喷出；喘息；夸张；膨胀；吹捧
- vi. 喷出；膨胀；喘息；骄傲
- n. 一阵；一股；粉扑；泡芙
- adj. 吹嘘的
- [C](烟斗或香烟的)一吸，一口 short drawing in of breath when smoking a pipe or cigarette
- [C]一缕(烟、蒸汽等) amount of smoke,steam,etc. sent out at one time
- vi. 喘粗气 breathe rapidly and with effort,usually during or after hurried movement
- vi. （抽烟等时）吸或喷烟 breathe in and out while smoking a cigarette,pipe,etc.
a short light gust of air
a light inflated pastry or puff shell
exaggerated praise (as for promotional purposes)
bedding made of two layers of cloth filled with stuffing and stitched together
a soft spherical object made from fluffy fibers; for applying powder to the skin
thick cushion used as a seat
a slow inhalation (as of tobacco smoke);
"he took a puff on his pipe"
"he took a drag on his cigarette and expelled the smoke slowly"
forceful exhalation through the nose or mouth;
"he gave his nose a loud blow"
"he blew out all the candles with a single puff"
gathered for protruding fullness;
smoke and exhale strongly;
"puff a cigar"
"whiff a pipe"
suck in or take (air);
"draw a deep breath"
"draw on a cigarette"
breathe noisily, as when one is exhausted;
"The runners reached the finish line, panting heavily"
make proud or conceited;
"The sudden fame puffed her ego"
"The critics puffed up this Broadway production"
speak in a blustering or scornful manner;
"A puffing kind of man"
to swell or cause to enlarge,
"Her faced puffed up from the drugs"
"puffed out chests"
blow hard and loudly;
"he huffed and puffed as he made his way up the mountain"
- Don't puff cigarette smoke in my face.
- He managed to puff out a few words.
- Such lost souls puff themselves up into grand monsters.
- All due to nonphysical forces vying to puff themselves up the dimensions thinking that this is what ascension is.
- He can puff someone face to face but missay him behind his back.
- Smoke puffed from the chimney.
- Conceit may puff a man up, but never prop him up.
- The stairs made him puff like a grampus.
- Don't let such a little victory puff you up.
- A puff of wind blew out the candle.
- The stove let out a puff of smoke.
- She dabbed at her face with a puff.
- He took a puff at his cigarette.
- Puffs of white smoke came from the chimney.
- Any chance of success seemed to vanish in a puff of smoke.
- Running makes him puff heavily.
- He puffed at his pipe as he talked.
- puff up 肿起
- puff pastry 松饼; 千层饼...
- puff out 使膨胀
- puff away 吹风(吹气
- cream puff 懦夫
- powder puff 粉扑
- puff adder [动]鼓腹毒蛇(产于...
- puff and pant 喘气(气急)
- chromosome puff 染色体疏松
- puff port 喷气口
- puff cone 喷泥锥
- puff box 粉盒
- chromosomal puff 染色体疏松区, 染色...
- out of puff 气喘吁吁
- huff and puff 恫吓; 暴怒; 咆哮...
- profiterole 空心甜饼
- puff at 轻视
- puff and blow 喘气(气急)
- puff one's chest out 挺胸
- give a puff 吹捧
Pamela asked for a cigarette and took several puffs.出自： H. Wouk
The leaves were going, a few more puffs of wind..and they would all be gone.出自： J. Lingard
Foggy South, puffing with wind and rain.出自：As You Like It , Shakespeare
- gasp 喘气
- pant 喘息
- breathe 呼吸
- breath 呼吸
- blow 打击
- cloud 云
- exhale 呼气
- breathe out 呼出
- wheeze 喘息
- gasp for breath 喘息(惊奇)
- gust 突然一阵
- draft 草稿
- wisp 小束
- waft 飘浮
- praise 赞美
- recommendation 推荐
- advertisement 广告
- huff 气恼
- vapor 蒸汽
- smoke 烟
- promote 促进
- crow 乌鸦
- puff up 肿起
- drag 拖
- whiff 一吹
- puff out 使膨胀
- hassock 草丛
- pouffe 大坐垫
- puffed 疏松的
- powderpuff 粉扑
- chuff 乡下人
- pouf 厚坐垫
- quilt 被状物
- blow up 爆炸
- draw 拖
- pull 拉
- heave 用力举起
- ottoman 软凳
- comforter 安慰者
- comfort 舒适