- v. 喘息；呼哧呼哧地响
- n. 喘息声
breathing with a husky or whistling sound
(Briticism) a clever or amusing scheme or trick;
"a clever wheeze probably succeeded in neutralizing the German espionage threat"
breathe with difficulty
- The old man managed to wheeze out a few words.
- This old instrument can only wheeze out a tune now.
- That truck was older than he was.It would wheeze and rattle down the road.
- He has a slight wheeze in his chest.
- He was awaken once from a faint by a wheeze close in his ear.
- wheeze out 喘息着说出
Joggers pounded past, wheezing slightly in the autumnal air.出自： A. Craig