- vt. 迫害；烦扰；为难
- vt. (尤指宗教或政治信仰的)迫害 treat cruelly (especially because of religious or political beliefs)
cause to suffer;
"Jews were persecuted in the former Soviet Union"
- They persecute those who do not conform to their idea.
- They came to America after being persecuted for their religious beliefs.
- Once the affair became public, he was persecuted by the press.
- He persecuted me with various delicate questions.
- Members of these sects are ruthlessly persecuted and suppressed.
With Balearick Slings or Gnossian Bow, To persecute from far the flying Doe.出自： Dryden