- adj. 错误的；有毛病的；不适当的；不道德的
- adv. 错误地
- n. 不义行为；坏事；犯罪；欺骗；错误；不公正
- v. 冤枉；不公正地对待
- 无礼地对待，不正当地对待， 不公正对待
- 不道德的,不正当的,不义的 not morally right; unjust
- 不确实的,不正确的,错误的 not true or correct
- 不合要求的,不适合的 not required, suitable or the most desirable
- 有故障,有毛病 in a bad condition (and not working properly)
- 错误地 in a wrong manner or direction; mistakenly; with incorrect results
- [U] 罪过,过失,罪恶 sth that is wrong
- [C] 不义的行为,不公正的事 unjust action; injustice
that which is contrary to the principles of justice or law;
"he feels that you are in the wrong"
any harm or injury resulting from a violation of a legal right
not correct; not in conformity with fact or truth;
"an incorrect calculation"
"the report in the paper is wrong"
"your information is wrong"
"the clock showed the wrong time"
"found themselves on the wrong road"
"based on the wrong assumptions"
contrary to conscience or morality or law;
"it is wrong for the rich to take advantage of the poor"
"cheating is wrong"
"it is wrong to lie"
not appropriate for a purpose or occasion;
"said all the wrong things"
not functioning properly;
"something is amiss"
"has gone completely haywire"
"something is wrong with the engine"
based on or acting or judging in error;
"it is wrong to think that way"
not in accord with established usage or procedure;
"the wrong medicine"
"the wrong way to shuck clams"
"it is incorrect for a policeman to accept gifts"
used of the side of cloth or clothing intended to face inward;
"socks worn wrong side out"
"an ill-timed intervention"
"you think my intrusion unseasonable"
"an untimely remark"
"it was the wrong moment for a joke"
characterized by errors; not agreeing with a model or not following established rules;
"he submitted a faulty report"
"an incorrect transcription"
in an inaccurate manner;
"he decided to reveal the details only after other sources had reported them incorrectly"
"she guessed wrong"
treat unjustly; do wrong to
- I am afraid you've made a wrong decision.
- I'm not going to bow down to such wrong opinions.
- There is something wrong with the car.
- What's wrong with the engine? It's making an awful noise.
- A correct word used in a wrong cultural or religious context is a wrong word.
- It is wrong to steal.
- You've spelt the word wrong.
- Children must be taught the difference right and wrong.
- Her son can do no wrong in her eyes.
- People who do wrong are punished.
- Extreme right is extreme wrong.
- But they are not in the wrong at all.
- Wrong must be righted when they are discovered.
- The teacher has done his students a great wrong.
- You wronged him by saying that he had lied.
- You wrong me if you think I only did it for selfish reasons.
- He was wronged by the federal judges and the authorities.
- The important thing is not to wrong any woman .
- The police arrested the wrong man.
- Three wrong answers and you fail the test.
- I'm afraid I'll make the wrong decision.
- That would creat a wrong impression.
- That's not at all the correct idea of what our country was like. You've got quite a wrong idea of it.
- She had given me a wrong address.
- We are late because we took the wrong road.
- We came the wrong way.
- I'm afraid you've got the wrong number.
- The cloth has a right side and a wrong side.
- He's a good actor, but this is the wrong part for him.
- You're doing it the wrong way.
- He's the wrong man for the job.
- They live on the wrong side of town.
- I realized that I had said the wrong thing when I saw her reaction.
- Cheating is always wrong.
- Her estimate of the cost was completely wrong.
- The sum is wrong.
- Can you prove that I am wrong?
- That's where you're wrong.
- Thousands of satisfied customers cannot be wrong, so why don't you try our new washing powder?
- Their decision proved to be wrong.
- We shall probably not be far wrong if we say so.
- I knew something was dreadfully wrong.
- You look upset; is anything wrong?
- The clock's wrong.
- You are quite wrong in doing this.
- Am I wrong in thinking that it is getting colder?
- I was wrong in going there.
- He was wrong in what he said.
- His accounts are wrong by some ￡40,000.
- What's wrong with this one?
- What's wrong with the engine?
- There's something wrong with my eyes.
- What's wrong with you?
- The baby won't stop crying— I hope there's nothing wrong with him.
- You were wrong to take the car without permission.
- I've been wrong to accuse him.
- He was wrong to disregard your advice.
- You were wrong not to have mentioned it.
- It is wrong to steal.
- It was wrong of you to deceive him.
- It is wrong of you to punish him in that way.
- It was wrong of them to gossip.
- None of your answers was wrong, but it was quite wrong of you to answer in such a rush without leaving a chance to your little sisters.
- It would be wrong of me to do so.
- You guessed wrong.
- You've done it wrong.
- You've spelt my name wrong.
- You pronounced that word wrong.
- He played the tune all wrong.
- He did his homework all wrong.
- The guide went wrong.
- The parcel is tied wrong.
- He added up the figures wrong.
- She is too young to know right from wrong, but her sister is now old enough to know the right from the wrong.
- She could do no wrong in the opinion of her devoted followers.
- She had suffered many wrongs.
- He felt confident that his wrongs would be righted.
- He remembered the wrong done to him.
- There are rights and wrongs on both sides of the dispute.
- They have done us a great wrong.
- Two wrongs do not make a right.
- go wrong
行为变坏 act badly, immorally, etc.I'm not surprised she's gone wrong after mixing with such bad company.她跟那一帮坏人鬼混在一起不变坏才怪呢。
- on the wrong foot
- get wrong
误会,误解 misunderstand sb/sth
get sb/sth wrong
Please don't get me wrong,I'm not criticizing you.
I got his instruction wrong.
- in the wrong
负有责任,应受责备 in the position of being responsible for a mistake, an offence, a quarrel, etc.
- wrong address 地址不对
- wrong answer 错误的答案
- wrong conduct 不道德的行为
- wrong decision 错误的决定
- wrong direction 错误的方向
- wrong impression 错误的印象
- wrong number 号码错误
- wrong principles of conduct 不道德的行为准则
- wrong road 走错了路
- wrong room 走错了房间
- wrong side 反面
- wrong street 走错了街道
- wrong time 错误的时间
- always wrong 总是错误
- quite wrong 很不对
- completely wrong 完全错误
- dreadfully wrong 极不正常
- entirely wrong 完全错了
- utterly wrong 完全错误
- wrong to accuse sb 指责某人是不对的
- wrong to disregard advice 不听劝告是错的
- wrong not to mention it 没有及时处理那件事是不对的
- wrong to steal 偷窃是不道德的
- wrong to take the car without permission 未经许可就把车开走是不对的
- go wrong 犯错,弄错
- wrong about sb's age 猜错了某人的年龄
- wrong by some ￡4000 错了4000英镑
- wrong in going there 到那儿去错了
- wrong of sb to gossip 某人散布谣言是不对的
- wrong with the car 这辆车有毛病
- add up wrong 加错了
- done the sum wrong 算数题算错
- get wrong 误解
- guess wrong 猜错
- lead sb wrong 带某人走错了路
- play the tune wrong 演奏曲调不对
- pronounce wrong 发音错了
- spell wrong 拼错
- tie wrong 包扎得不对
- admit one's wrong 承认自己的错误
- brood over one's wrong 反省自己的错误
- commit a wrong 干坏事
- mend one's wrong 纠正错误
- remember wrong 记住冤屈
- right wrong 纠正错误
- suffer wrong 受委屈
- undo wrong 洗刷冤屈
The Abilities of the Man, that uses them to his Neighbour's Wrong.出自： T. Secker
The innumerable multitude of wrongs By man on man inflicted.出自： Coleridge
One who never sees wrong, without the noble resolution to revenge it.出自： A. Marsh
If the wrong has been wholly on one side.出自： F. A. Paley
So young, Terry. So sure of right and wrong.出自： J. Wyndham
Actions are wrong..[in proportion] as they tend to produce the reverse of happiness.出自： J. S. Mill
Nothing..morally wrong in a strike..when properly conducted.出自： W. S. Jevons
It was very wrong of him to make such a request.出自： J. McCarthy
He that wrongs his friend Wrongs himself more.出自： Tennyson
She saw that she'd been grievously wronged by the Welfare Department.出自：L.A. Style
- wrong的基本意思是“不道德的,不正当的,不义的”,指某人做某事违背了道德要求或不符合一个人的行为准则; 也可指“不确实的,不正确的,错误的”,表示某一事物与其标准不相符。wrong还可指“不合要求的,不适合的”“有故障的,有毛病的”。
- go wrong中的go为保留运动意义的系动词。
- in the wrong作“负有责任,应受责备”解,一般只限于对比正确与错误。
- wrong, false
- wrong, wrongly
- They interpreted the law wrongly.他们对这一法规作了错误的解释。
误 He was quite wrong thinking that I was happy.
正 He was quite wrong to assume that I was happy.
正 He was quite wrong in thinking that I was happy.
析 作“错误的,不对的”解时, wrong之后可接介词短语,注意wrong之后一般不直接跟动词的 v -ing形式,但是可以跟动词不定式。机器怎么了?
误 What's wrong about the machine?
正 What's wrong with the machine?
析 作“出了毛病”解时,可以用be wrong with的形式,这里with不可改成about。你说谎是不正确的。
误 It's wrong for you to tell a lie.
正 It's wrong of you to tell a lie.
误 The taxi-driver was obviously in wrong in going ahead against the red light.
正 The taxi-driver was obviously in the wrong in going ahead against the red light.
析 作“错了”解可以用in the wrong, wrong之前的定冠词the不可省略。他们无情地掠夺我们,给我们带来了极大的不幸。
误 They did wrongly to us by robbing us without mercy.
正 They did wrong to us by robbing us without mercy.
析 do wrong to sb 意为“冤枉某人,委屈某人”, wrong在这里是一个名词。
- ☆ 直接源自古斯堪的那维亚语的rangr，意为错误的。