- vt. 重叠；重复
- vi. 有重叠部分
- n. 重叠部分；重复
- 【计】 重叠
- 与…部分相同，与…部分一致， 与…部分巧合
- vt. & vi. 交搭,叠盖 cover (sth) partly and go beyond it
a representation of common ground between theories or phenomena;
"there was no overlap between their proposals"
the property of partial coincidence in time
a flap that lies over another part;
"the lap of the shingles should be at least ten inches"
coincide partially or wholly;
"Our vacations overlap"
extend over and cover a part of;
"The roofs of the houses overlap in this crowded city"
- A fish's scales overlap each other.
- You need to overlap the pieces of wood slightly.
- These two papers overlap in content.
- The programme has been so organized that none of the talks overlap.
- Channel ranges must not overlap.
- The roofs of the houses overlap in the crowded city.
- There is a small overlap between the two circles.
- There is a considerable overlap between the two subjects.
- His duties and mine have an overlap.
- His duties and mine overlap.
- The treatment in these two books largely overlaps.
- History and politics overlap and should be studied together.
- Economics and politics are best studied together as the two subjects overlap.
- His visit and mine overlapped.
- One feather overlaps another on a bird's wing.
The Dans produced five children, whose upbringing overlapped World War II.出自：Nature
- overlie 躺在……上
- intersection 交集
- cover 封面
- coincide 一致
- correspond 符合
- overlay 覆盖
- correspondence 通信
- meet 遇见
- touch 触摸
- intersect 贯穿
- come together 会合
- interrelate 互相关连
- edge 边缘
- join 连接
- connection 联系
- similarity 相似
- common ground 一致之处
- commonality 公共
- lap 膝部
- lay over 延期
- lap over 搭接
- overspread 覆盖
- spread over 传遍
- overstretch 过度伸长
- parallel 平行的
- overlapping 相互重叠的
- flap 拍打
- fly 飞
- coincidence 巧合
- equivalence 相等
- convergence 收敛