- 很可能; 大概 perhaps
"perhaps she will call tomorrow"
"we may possibly run into them at the concert"
"it may peradventure be thought that there never was such a time"
- Maybe these nutrients are helpful to your health.
- Maybe it will work.
- Maybe some other time.
- Maybe that's what I'll do.
- Maybe I can act as a messenger for you.
- Maybe he is still at home.
- Maybe,I'll leave for home.
- “Is it true?”“Maybe,I'm not sure.”
- Maybe I am wrong.
- Maybe you'll have luck.
- Maybe you are right and I am wrong.
- He didn't feel quite right; maybe it was a touch of the sun.
- I see him maybe once every three, four months.
I'll make it worth while. And I don't mean may-be.出自： Joyce
I wanted to think maybe she was different now.出自：New Yorker
- maybe, perhaps, possibly, probably
- 1.probably指“多半”,其可能性超过一半; perhaps和maybe指“或许”,其可能性大致为一半; possibly仅指“也许”“有可能”,其可能性低于一半。例如:
- Probably he will succeed.他很可能会成功。
- Perhaps〔maybe〕 he will succeed.他也许会成功。
- He will possibly succeed.他有可能成功。
- 2.maybe比perhaps更口语化,且要用于句首; perhaps可用于句末、句中、句首; probably多用于句中。
- Maybe you could move the chair.也许你可以挪动一下那张椅子。
- Could you possibly lend me 1000 yuan ?你能借给我1000元钱吗?