- 可能地 in accordance with what is possible
- 也许,或许 perhaps
"perhaps she will call tomorrow"
"we may possibly run into them at the concert"
"it may peradventure be thought that there never was such a time"
to a degree possible of achievement or by possible means;
"they can't possibly get here in time for the funeral?"
- It is a parsimonious representation of a possibly complex thing.
- Possibly because it's an electric razor.
- He is possibly the most selfish man in the town.
- Possibly, this is only one of many answers.
- You can't possibly walk 20 miles in an hour!
- I was positive that I had seen her before; I could not possibly have made a mistake on that point.
- We can't possibly believe the myth of “detente”now.
- I can't possibly do it.
- It may possibly be so.
Wondering whether such an occasion could possibly arise.出自： B. Pym
You couldn't possibly sew by this light.出自： I. Murdoch
- possibly的基本意思是“可能地”,这词表示对某事不敢肯定或知道得不太清楚,多用于肯定句; 有时还作“无论如何”“不管怎样”“万万”解,多用于否定句。
- possibly, maybe, perhaps, probably
- 1.probably指“多半”,其可能性超过一半; perhaps和maybe指“或许”,其可能性大致为一半; possibly仅指“也许”“有可能”,其可能性低于一半。例如:
- Probably he will succeed.他很可能会成功。
- Perhaps〔maybe〕 he will succeed.他也许会成功。
- He will possibly succeed.他有可能成功。
- 2.maybe比perhaps更口语化,且要用于句首; perhaps可用于句末、句中、句首; probably多用于句中。
- Maybe you could move the chair.也许你可以挪动一下那张椅子。
- Could you possibly lend me 1000 yuan ?你能借给我1000元钱吗?
- They can't possibly come today.
- They can't, possibly, come today.