- vi. & vt. 漏 pass out or in through a leak
- vt. 使泄露 (of news, secrets, etc.) to cause to become known by chance or with authority
- [C]漏洞,裂缝 a small accidental hole or crack through which sth flows in or out
- [C]漏出物;漏出量 an escape of liquid, gas, etc., through such a hole
- [C]走漏,泄露 an accidental or intentional spreading of news, facts, etc.
- [S]〈俚〉排尿 act of urination
an accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape;
"one of the tires developed a leak"
soft watery rot in fruits and vegetables caused by fungi
a euphemism for urination;
"he had to take a leak"
the discharge of a fluid from some container;
"they tried to stop the escape of gas from the damaged pipe"
"he had to clean up the leak"
unauthorized (especially deliberate) disclosure of confidential information
"The news were leaked to the paper"
"The news leaked out despite his secrecy"
enter or escape as through a hole or crack or fissure;
"Water leaked out of the can into the backpack"
"Gas leaked into the basement"
have an opening that allows light or substances to enter or go out;
"The container leaked gasoline"
"the roof leaks badly"
- Water had started to leak into the cellar.
- The kitchen roof is apt to leak when it rains.
- The details were supposed to be secret but somehow leaked out.
- There is a leak in the roof.
- Water poured in through a leak in the ship's hull.
- Jackson said he did not believe the leaks came from his office.
- The water pipes leak.
- The bottle leaks.
- The tap is leaking.
- The ship was leaking badly.
- The car leaks oil.
- That pipe leaks gas.
- This camera leaks light.
- He leaked my secret.
- He leaked the news of the ambassador's visit.
- There is a leak in the roof.
- There are leaks in the water pipe, water is getting out.
- An inspection of the roof showed no leaks.
- There has been a leak of information.
- leak away (v.+adv.)
逐渐失去 be gradually lost
- leak in (v.+adv.)
漏入,渗入 enter through an accidental hole
The fumes have leaked in.
You didn't mend the boat properly, the water is still leaking in.
The rain is leaking in.
The rain is leaking in through a crack in the roof.
- leak out (v.+adv.)
漏出,渗出,泄露 escape through an accidental hole; become known unintentionally
The water was still slowly leaking out.
Nobody knew how the secret had leaked out.
Keep it secret! It mustn't leak out.
News of their engagement leaked out just before Christmas.
他们订婚的消息就在圣诞节前泄露出去了。leak sth ⇔ out
They lost the bid for leaking out the plot.
In order to get enough money for the house, he leaked the information out to the opponent.
- leak to (v.+prep.)
将…泄露给… tell (a secret) to sb
leak sth to sb
He leaked the news to his friend.
He denied that he had leaked the report to Anderson.
Someone in the ministry had leaked the story to the press.
Who leaked the news to the press?
- leak from 从…中漏出
- leak into 渗进…
- leak into the basement 漏到地下室
- leak out of 从…漏出
- leak out of the tank 从油箱中渗漏出来
- leak through 渗透
- leak to 向…泄露…
- leak the news to the press 把消息透露给新闻界
- gas leak 煤气泄漏
- leak in the bag of flour 面粉袋上的洞
Rent was the sail, and strain'd the mast, And many a leak was gaping fast.出自： Sir W. Scott
The workmen will be here to fix a leak in the roof.出自： J. Wilcox
The instrument is to test for leaks in sealed gas-filled objects.出自：Chemical Engineering
A Crack, through which a small quantity of the Liquor leak'd forth.出自： J. Woodward
A particle can 'leak' through any but an infinitely thick wall.出自： E. Pollard
- ☆ 直接源自中世纪荷兰语的leken，意为漏下，滴下。
- drip 滴
- trickle 滴流
- escape 逃跑
- leakage 泄漏，泄漏物...
- outflow 流出
- betray 背叛
- disclose 揭露
- give away 赠送
- pour out 倾诉
- reveal 显示
- seep 渗出
- uncover 揭开
- betrayal 背叛
- disclosure 揭发
- giveaway 泄漏
- release 释放
- revelation 揭露
- seepage 泄漏
- dribble 使 ... 慢慢流下...
- run out 用尽
- ooze （使）渗出
- distill 蒸馏
- run 跑
- out 出
- drain 排出
- leak out 泄漏
- wetting 变湿