- 赠送; 赠予; 颁发; 泄露; 告发
make a gift of;
"She gave away her antique furniture"
make known to the public information that was previously known only to a few people or that was meant to be kept a secret;
"The auction house would not disclose the price at which the van Gogh had sold"
"The actress won't reveal how old she is"
"bring out the truth"
"he broke the news to her"
"unwrap the evidence in the murder case"
formally hand over to the bridegroom in marriage; of a bride by her father
give away information about somebody;
"He told on his classmate who had cheated on the exam"
- He would rather give away a point than claim an advantage.
- He wants to give away all his modern possessions and return to nature.
- He decide to give away everything he possessed and become a monk.
- He was given away by one of his accomplices.
- Don't give away to the public when we will start.
- I wish he wouldn't give the show away.