cause to come or go down;
"The policeman downed the heavily armed suspect"
"The mugger knocked down the old lady after she refused to hand over her wallet"
knock down with force;
"He decked his opponent"
shatter as if by explosion
- A child was struck down by lightning in the storm.
- He manages to knock down a guard and grab a knife.
- Alec was knocked down by a bus yesterday.
- The careless motorist ran down a boy on a bicycle.
- They have torn down that dangerous wall.
- The cinema she used to visit had been pulled down.