a sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow);
"he warned me with a jab with his finger"
"he made a thrusting motion with his fist"
a quick short straight punch
the act of touching someone suddenly with your finger or elbow;
"she gave me a sharp dig in the ribs"
poke or thrust abruptly;
"he jabbed his finger into her ribs"
strike or punch with quick and short blows
stab or pierce;
"he jabbed the piece of meat with his pocket knife"
- The vet jabbed (at) the dog with a needle.
- Be careful with that umbrella you nearly jabbed my eye out!
- Be careful with that umbrella. You nearly jabbed my eye out!
- A thrust or jab does less damage but increases your attack range.
- Seldom's main weapon is a left jab.
- He neatly fended off a jab at his chest.
- Have you had your cholera jabs yet?
- Only 7% of the people in Luxembourg intend to get the swine flu jab.
A broken bough..jabbed Adolf in the ribs.出自： B. Bainbridge