- v. 刺；插入；推挤
- n. 刺；推力；要旨
- vt. & vi. 猛推,猛塞 push forcefully and suddenly
- vt. & vi. 刺,戳 make a sudden forward stroke
the force used in pushing;
"the push of the water on the walls of the tank"
"the thrust of the jet engines"
a strong blow with a knife or other sharp pointed instrument;
"one strong stab to the heart killed him"
the act of applying force to propel something;
"after reaching the desired velocity the drive is cut off"
"he enlivened his editorials with barbed thrusts at politicians"
a sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow);
"he warned me with a jab with his finger"
"he made a thrusting motion with his fist"
"He thrust his chin forward"
press or force;
"Stuff money into an envelope"
"She thrust the letter into his hand"
make a thrusting forward movement
impose urgently, importunately, or inexorably;
"She forced her diet fads on him"
penetrate or cut through with a sharp instrument
force (molten rock) into pre-existing rock
"The front of the trains that had collided head-on thrust up into the air"
place or put with great energy;
"She threw the blanket around the child"
"thrust the money in the hands of the beggar"
- The mugger thrust at his victim with a knife.
- The murderer killed her by thrusting a knife in her back.
- He thrust his hands into his pockets.
- We thrust our way through the crowd.
- We thrust ourselves forward into the bus.
- The fencer parried his opponent's thrust.
- He killed her with a thrust of the knife.
- This is the ultimate thrust the engine can generate.
- What was the thrust of his argument?
- The whole thrust of the project was to make money.
- The tree thrusts its roots far and wide.
- The tree thrusts its branches high.
- thrust above (v.+prep.)
在…上伸出 stand on sth
thrust above sth
The rock thrust 200 feet above the water.
- thrust aside (v.+adv.)
把…推向一旁; 把…扔在一旁 make sb or sth move to one side
thrust sb/sth ⇔ aside
She ran to him for a kiss, but he thrust her aside unkindly.
That rude man thrust me aside and got on the bus ahead of me.
He thrusts aside all precautionary advice.
My objections were thrust aside.
- thrust at (v.+prep.)
刺向… push with force
thrust at sb/sth
Please don't thrust at me with that umbrella.
He thrust at me with his knife.
He thrust at his enemy with a knife.
他用刀向他的敌人刺去。thrust sth at sb/sth
As I fought back,he drew his sword and thrust it at me.
- thrust away (v.+adv.)
把…推开 push sth away
thrust sb/sth ⇔ away
With an impatient gesture he thrust the food away from him.
He thrust her away angrily.
- thrust back (v.+adv.)
排遣; 迫使…撤退 force to withdraw
thrust sb/sth ⇔ back
She tried to thrust back the little stabs of home-sickness.
The demonstrators were thrust back behind the barriers.
- thrust forward (v.+adv.)
极力表现自己 ambitiously draw attention to oneself
- thrust into (v.+prep.)
强行闯入; 投身于…之中 break into
thrust oneself/sth into sth
They thrust themselves into the house.
A soldier thrust himself into danger.
He thrust his hands into his pockets.
He thrust his spade into the ground.
The murderer thrust a dagger into her heart.
The fork was thrust into the meat.
The stage is thrust into the auditorium.
- thrust on〔upon〕 (v.+prep.)
强使接受,强加给 compel to accept
thrust oneself/sth on/upon sb
She is always thrusting herself on other people.
The obligation was thrust on him.
- thrust out (v.+adv.)
把…推出 propel sb/sth out
thrust sb/sth out of sth
He thrust the boy out of the room.
- thrust through (v.+prep.)
促使成功 enable sb/sth to succeed by special efforts
thrust oneself through sb
We thrust ourselves through the crowd.
The crowd in the station is so thick that I had to thrust myself through them.
车站人群太拥挤,我不得不使劲挤,才挤到朋友们跟前。thrust sb/sth through sth
The tutor thrust Jim through the examination.
We are thrusting the proposal through the finance committee.
- thrust towards (v.+prep.)
向…冲过去 make a sudden rush towards sb/sth
thrust one's way towards sb/sth
Edward thrust his way towards them.
- thrust with (v.+prep.)
用…刺 make a sudden forward stroke with sth
thrust sb with sth
He thrust her with a spear.
- thrust ashore 强行登岸
- thrust adroitly 熟练地猛推
- thrust agilely 机敏地猛推
- thrust bitterly 充满仇恨地猛推
- thrust dangerously 危险地猛塞
- thrust heroically 英勇地刺
- thrust hideously 令人惊骇地猛塞
- thrust impudently 厚颜无耻地猛塞
- thrust methodically 有条理地猛塞
- thrust ruthlessly 残忍地刺
- thrust savagely 蛮横地刺
- thrust symbolically 象征性地刺
- thrust treacherously 背信弃义地刺
- thrust aside 推开,冲开
- thrust the chair aside 把椅子推开
- thrust down 塞下
- thrust sth down into its throat 把某物塞进它的喉管
- thrust forward 向…挺进
- thrust the desk forward 把书桌猛然向前推去
- thrust oneself forward 用力向前挤
- thrust in 闯入
- thrust oneself in 闯入; 探听,干涉
- thrust out 伸出,逐出,排出; 发射
- thrust out one's hand 伸出一只手
- thrust at 把…塞给…
- thrust at sb with a knife 用刀戳某人
- thrust into 把…塞进…,使插入
- thrust into mountain regions 向山区延伸
- thrust a dagger into the heart 把匕首刺入心脏
- thrust a knife into an apple 把刀插入苹果
- thrust the money into sb's hand 把钱塞在某人手里
- thrust on〔upon〕 逼迫,促进,把…强加于人
- thrust a position on sb 把职务强加于某人
- thrust through 挤过
- thrust one's way through a crowd 从人群中挤过去
- thrust to 逼到,挤到
- thrust sb to death 将某人戳死
- thrust sb to the wall 把某人逼至绝境
Mariana Nicolesco's intense..sound combines power and thrust with plummy dark-hued richness.出自：Opera Now
The door..is suddenly violently thrust open.出自： C. Odets
- thrust既可用作及物动词,也可用作不及物动词。用作及物动词时,接名词、代词作宾语; 用作不及物动词时,多与介词或副词连用,接at时可表示“(用剑、刀等)朝…刺去”。
- ☆ 12世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自古斯堪的那维亚语的thrysta，意为推挤。