- n. 注射；投篮；发射；拍摄；开枪；子弹
- adj. (织物)闪色的；精疲力尽的；完了的
- [C] 射击,发射,枪炮声 act of shooting a gun, etc.; sound of this
- [C] 击球,踢,投篮 stroke in tennis, billiards, etc. or kick in football
- [C] 射手,枪手,炮手 person with regard to his skill in shooting a gun, etc.
- [C] 弹丸 nonexplosive metal in the form of cannon balls in former times
- [C] 镜头,连续镜头; 景 photograph or scene photographed; single continous film sequence photographed by one camera
- [C] 太空船或火箭之发射 sending up of a space vehicle or rocket
- [C] 皮下注射 injection of a drug, etc. with a hypodermic needle
- [C] 试图,设法 attempting to do sth; trying
- [C] 少量酒 small amount of whisky, gin, etc.
- [P] 摆脱…的,结束…的 getting rid of; finished with
- 颜色闪变的 woven or dyed so as to show different colours when look at from different angles
- [P] 用旧的,耗尽的 worn out; used up
the act of firing a projectile;
"his shooting was slow but accurate"
a solid missile discharged from a firearm;
"the shot buzzed past his ear"
(sports) the act of swinging or striking at a ball with a club or racket or bat or cue or hand;
"it took two strokes to get out of the bunker"
"a good shot requires good balance and tempo"
"he left me an almost impossible shot"
a chance to do something;
"he wanted a shot at the champion"
a person who shoots (usually with respect to their ability to shoot);
"he is a crack shot"
"a poor shooter"
a consecutive series of pictures that constitutes a unit of action in a film
the act of putting a liquid into the body by means of a syringe;
"the nurse gave him a flu shot"
a small drink of liquor;
"he poured a shot of whiskey"
an aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect;
"his parting shot was `drop dead'"
"she threw shafts of sarcasm"
"she takes a dig at me every chance she gets"
an estimate based on little or no information
an informal photograph; usually made with a small hand-held camera;
"my snapshots haven't been developed yet"
"he tried to get unposed shots of his friends"
sports equipment consisting of a heavy metal ball used in the shot put;
"he trained at putting the shot"
an explosive charge used in blasting
a blow hard enough to cause injury;
"he is still recovering from a shot to his leg"
"I caught him with a solid shot to the chin"
an attempt to score in a game
informal words for any attempt or effort;
"he gave it his best shot"
"he took a stab at forecasting"
the launching of a missile or spacecraft to a specified destination
varying in color when seen in different lights or from different angles;
"chatoyant (or shot) silk"
"a dragonfly hovered, vibrating and iridescent"
- He gave me a second shot of penicillin.
- Eight-year-old Griffin Stevens made the shot of a lifetime this past weekend.
- In this case, the ever-changing waves are part of our shot.
- I heard a shot in his room.
- The deer was peppered with shot all down one side.
- I'm shot. I'm too old for this job.
- The shot wounded his arm.
- The shot missed him, but it was a close shave.
- His shot went to the right of the goal.
- We are out of cannon shot.
- Our attention was arrested by the sound of a shot.
- How many shots were fired?
- The shots quickly drew the police.
- I am doubtful whether I can solve the puzzle, but I'll have a shot at it.
- After a few shots at guessing who did it,I gave up.
- The hunter is an excellent shot.
- I don't know how shot is made.
- This is the shot of the politician making a speech.
- I got some good shots of the carnival.
- Please pass me a shot of whisky.
- It's a five to one shot that she will find out.
- I'm just shot.
- My nerves are shot,I need a holiday.
- This old machine is shot.
- His chances are shot.
- I am very glad to be shot of the job.
- The chill air was shot with the fragrance of violets.
- a big shot
大人物,大亨 an important person; a wealthy man
- call one's shot
预测命中率 predict the rate of shooting
- call the shots
- get shot of
除去,开除 get rid of; dismiss
- like a shot
乐意地,立即 eagerly; quickly
- not by a long shot
绝对没有希望 entirely impossible
- shot across the bows
- shot in the arm
刺激因素; 鼓舞的力量 stimulant
- shot through with
充满着… full of sth
- shot to pieces
毁坏,搞糟; 悲痛 destroyed; spoiled; very distressed
- call the shots 发号施令
- exchange shots 交火
- fire a shot 开火
- hear a shot 听到枪(炮)声
- miss a shot 脱靶
- provide a shot 提供子弹
- put the shot 掷铅球
- send shots at 向…打炮
- sink a shot (高尔夫球,桌球)击球入洞
- take a shot 开枪,照相,投球
- get a shot at sth 试着去做…
- get a shot at the title 尝到得冠军的滋味
- have a shot at〔for〕 the train 试赶这班火车
- take a shot at sth 试着去做…
- bad shot 不准的射击,猜错
- dead shot 神枪手
- expert shot 神枪手
- first-class shot 神枪手
- good shot 好枪法
- solid shot 实弹
- wild shot 盲目乱射
- close shot 特写照
- long shot 远景,不大会成功的尝试
- special shot 特写镜头
- crack shot 神枪手
- gun shot 炮弹
- moon shot 向月球发射火箭
- rifle shot 步枪射击
- warning shot 鸣枪警告
- booster shot 强化注射剂量
- malaria shot 治疗疟疾
- drop shot 打到对方网前的低球
- jump shot 跳投
- against shot 防弹的
- as a shot 作为猜测
- in shot 在射程内
- like a shot 飞快地,立刻
- do sth like a shot 做得很快
- out of shot 在射程之外
- within shot 射程之内
- a shot at a bird 打鸟
- a shot at the goal (足球)射门
- a shot in the arm 注射手臂
- a shot in the dark 瞎猜
- a shot in the eye 恶意的行为
- shot silk 闪色丝绸
Several regiments..never..fired a shot.出自： Defoe
They heard a shot.出自： Sir W. Scott
- shot作“子弹,枪弹; 弹丸”解时,可用作可数名词,也可用作集合名词,作主语时,谓语动词可用单数形式,也可用复数形式。
- 在美国口语中, shot还可作“机会”解。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的scot,sceot；最初源自原始日耳曼语的skutan，意为射击。