- n. 印记；印象；特征
- v. 使 ... 有印象；影响；印刻；传送
- 强制...服兵役， 强征...入伍
- 使钦佩， 使敬仰
- vt. 给…以深刻印象,使铭记 have a favorable effect on sb/sth; fix sth in sb's mind
- vt. 印,压印 press sth hard into a sift surface, leaving a mark
the act of coercing someone into government service
have an emotional or cognitive impact upon;
"This child impressed me as unusually mature"
"This behavior struck me as odd"
"The young chess player impressed her audience"
produce or try to produce a vivid impression of;
"Mother tried to ingrain respect for our elders in us"
mark or stamp with or as if with pressure;
"To make a batik, you impress a design with wax"
reproduce by printing
take (someone) against his will for compulsory service, especially on board a ship;
"The men were shanghaied after being drugged"
dye (fabric) before it is spun
- Their honesty and hospitality leave an indelible impress on her life.
- I had a chance to impress her with my efficiency and I muffed it up.
- She impressed me as a scholar.
- What impress you most when you go to IKEA?
- How these mergers impress Chinese beer industry is the point of this paper.
- If you are unable to sign, please impress your left thumbprint.
- You must impress your seal on this official letter.
- impress on〔upon〕 (v.+prep.)
使…铭记 fix sth into sb
impress sth on〔upon〕 sth
The design was impressed on the cloth.
This lesson is impressed on my mind.
这个教训深印在我脑海中。impress sth on〔upon〕 sb
My father impressed on me the value of hard work.
- impress with (v.+prep.)
把…印在…上; 因…获得好印象mark a surface with sth; influence sb to have a high opinion of sb/sth
impress sb/sth with sth
The writing paper is impressed with school seal.
We were most impressed with your efficiency.
- impress a fact into 在…中引用一个事实
Bluish marks..as if made by the impress of the fingers.出自： T. Medwin
The reverse is incused with the impress of an amphora.出自： H. N. Humphreys
He did impress On the green moss his tremulous step.出自： Shelley
A travel-warrant..authorising them to impress transport and requisition billets.出自： A. Duggan
A number of Poles, impressed into the German Army.出自： C. Ryan
- affect 影响
- strike 罢工
- imprint 刻上记号
- move 移动
- sway 摇动
- influence 影响
- excite 使兴奋
- amaze 使吃惊
- astound 使惊骇
- astonish 使惊讶
- electrify 通电
- emphasize 强调
- stress 压力
- drive home 开车送回家
- drum in 反复强调
- underline 在…下面划线...
- highlight 强调
- mark 记号
- fix 使 ... 固定
- plant 植物
- root 根
- stamp 邮票
- establish 建立
- engrave 雕刻
- impressment 征用
- print 印刷
- shanghai 诱拐
- yarn-dye 染
- instill 逐渐灌输
- ingrain 使根深蒂固