- 强调，重点，着重 ；重要性
- 着重，强调，突出 ，着重于
- [U] [C] 压力,紧张 pressure caused by the problems of living, too much work, etc.
- [U] 强调,重要性 special emphasis or significance
- [U] 重力 force that acts on a thing or between parts of a thing, and tends to pull or twist it out of shape; tension
- [U] [C] 重音 emphasis put on a word or syllable
- vt. 重读 put a stress on
- vt. 强调 give importance to
the relative prominence of a syllable or musical note (especially with regard to stress or pitch);
"he put the stress on the wrong syllable"
(psychology) a state of mental or emotional strain or suspense;
"he suffered from fatigue and emotional tension"
"stress is a vasoconstrictor"
special emphasis attached to something;
"the stress was more on accuracy than on speed"
difficulty that causes worry or emotional tension;
"she endured the stresses and strains of life"
"he presided over the economy during the period of the greatest stress and danger"
(physics) force that produces strain on a physical body;
"the intensity of stress is expressed in units of force divided by units of area"
to stress, single out as important;
"Dr. Jones emphasizes exercise in addition to a change in diet"
put stress on; utter with an accent;
"In Farsi, you accent the last syllable of each word"
test the limits of;
"You are trying my patience!"
- Stress can be extremely damaging to your health.
- The stress on setting an example is particularly necessary at present.
- Which syllable does the stress of this word fall on?
- Here I will stress the importance of mathematics to the whole of science.
- In English, speakers can stress or emphasize words they think are important.
- stress the danger of the examination failing 强调考试失败的危险性
- stress the fact 强调事实
- stress the importance of better public relation 强调了良好的公共关系的重要性
- stress the importance of idiomatic usage in a language 强调了语言中习惯用法的重要性
- stress the principles 强调原则
- stress the same problem 强调了同一个问题
- stress the word of “stretch” 强调stretch一词
- stress artificially 虚假地强调
- stress contemptuously 傲慢地强调
- stress directly 直接强调
- stress exclusively 独自强调
- stress formally 正式强调
- stress hugely 极为强调
- stress ingeniously 巧妙地强调
- stress markedly 明显强调
- stress nicely 很好地强调
- stress ostensibly 表面上强调
- stress particularly 特别强调
- stress powerfully 十分强调
- stress precisely 确切地强调
- stress prematurely 提前强调
- stress previously 事先强调
- stress principally 主要强调
- stress probably 适当强调
- stress regularly 经常强调
- stress repeatedly 多次强调
- stress strictly 严格强调
- stress strongly 坚决强调
- stress tentatively 暂时强调
- stress thoroughly 全面强调
- stress unaffectedly 自然流露地强调
- stress unanimously 一致强调
- stress utterly 绝对强调
- stress verbally 口头强调
The stress of poverty may have been the cause.出自： J. R. Green
Pious virgins, under stress of these things, swoon.出自： M. Hewlett
Transfer to a new environment stresses the calves.出自：Country Life
Stressing your body this way..will improve your use of oxygen.出自：Road Racing Training
Be sure that bolts are correctly stressed.出自：Engineering
We don't have to stress the boat or the crew.出自：Times
- accent 重音
- strain 拉紧
- tension 紧张
- emphasis 强调
- importance 重要
- urgency 紧急(的事)
- emphasize 强调
- accentuate 重读
- highlight 强调
- underline 在…下面划线...
- anxiety 焦虑
- pressure 压强
- force 武力
- worry 撕咬
- trauma 创伤
- insistence 坚持
- weight 重量
- lay emphasis on 强调(着重于)...
- underscore 划线于
- point up 强调
- consequence 结果
- insist 坚持
- press 按
- sweat 汗水
- punctuate 加标点于
- focus 焦点
- tenseness 绷紧
- try 试验
- emphasise <英>强调