your basis for belief or disbelief; knowledge on which to base belief;
"the evidence that smoking causes lung cancer is very compelling"
the enclosed land around a house or other building;
"it was a small house with almost no yard"
a tract of land cleared for some special purposes (recreation or burial etc.)
a justification for something existing or happening;
"he had no cause to complain"
"they had good reason to rejoice"
dregs consisting of solid particles (especially of coffee) that form a residue;
"it is a Middle Eastern custom to read your future in your coffee grounds"
- Is desertion grounds for divorce?
- Stir the coffee to settle the grounds.
- They had no grounds to arrest him.
- The grounds are fenced in to prevent trespassing.
- Such action can be justified on the grounds of greater efficiency.
- You have no real grounds for complaint.
- The prohibition against smoking on school grounds is strictly enforced.
- She had adequate grounds for a divorce.
- on ground of 根据; 以 ... ...