- Fire provided a means of smelting ores.
- I am dubious about accepting the offer of the job.
- They laid down their lives in the cause of peace.
- He is ready to give his all for the revolution.
- give someone a piece of one's mind 责备某人
- give someone the benefit of the doubt 对某人之嫌疑做善意解...
- give one's word of honor 用名誉担保
- give someone a taste of his own medicine 以其人之道
- give a taste of one's quality 显显自己的才能...
- give a good account of oneself 干得好
- give someone the benefit of one's experience 用自己的经验帮助某人...
- give someone a bit of one's mind 对某人直说
- give a poor account of oneself 表现拙劣
- give an account of 叙述
- give the back of one's hands 蔑视、侮辱
- give the time of day with someone 向(某人)问候,(与...
- give one the worst of it 击败某人
- give some color of truth to 使具有一定真实性...
- give someone a lot of shit 粗鲁用语,给某人添不...
- give witness on behalf of someone 为某人作证
- give someone the run of something 允许某人自由使用某物...
- give someone plenty of rope and he'll hang himself 放任某人使他自取灭亡...
- not give a snap of one's fingers 一点也不在乎...
- give evidence of 证明