- n. 游戏；运动会；比赛；一场比赛；比赛得分；猎物；花招
- v. 赌博
- adj. 勇敢的；乐意的；跛的
- 瘸的， 跛的，残废的，受伤的
- [C]游戏,运动,比赛 a form of play or sport, or one example or type of this; match
- [C]行业,行当 a profession or activity, especially one in which people compete against each other
- [U]猎物 wild animals, birds and fish which are hunted or fished for food, especially as a sport
- 勇敢的,有决心的,敢作敢为的 brave, determined, and ready for action
- [P]愿意的,心甘情愿的 willing
- 残疾的; 瘸的 lame; crippled
a contest with rules to determine a winner;
"you need four people to play this game"
a single play of a sport or other contest;
"the game lasted two hours"
an amusement or pastime;
"they played word games"
"he thought of his painting as a game that filled his empty time"
"his life was all fun and games"
animal hunted for food or sport
(tennis) a division of play during which one player serves
(games) the score at a particular point or the score needed to win;
"the game is 6 all"
"he is serving for the game"
the flesh of wild animals that is used for food
a secret scheme to do something (especially something underhand or illegal);
"they concocted a plot to discredit the governor"
"I saw through his little game from the start"
the game equipment needed in order to play a particular game;
"the child received several games for his birthday"
your occupation or line of work;
"he's in the plumbing game"
"she's in show biz"
frivolous or trifling behavior;
"for actors, memorizing lines is no game"
"for him, life is all fun and games"
disabled in the feet or legs;
"a crippled soldier"
"a game leg"
willing to face danger
place a bet on;
"Which horse are you backing?"
"I'm betting on the new horse"
- All the children partook in the game.
- I found a computer game to divert the children.
- He is my main rival in the game.
- He is expected to win the game with ease.
- Would you care to have a small wager on the game?
- In every game they were bested by their opponents.
- The game is 7 to 6.
- The natives use poisoned arrows to kill big game.
- The politician was playing a deep game.
- After two hours his game was about played out.
- It's a pity he games so deep.
- She put up a game fight against her detractors.
- He was a game fighter even when he was losing.
- Are you game for a swim?
- He is game in the leg/has a game leg.
- They are playing a game of cards.
- What a game!
- The game starts at seven o'clock.
- The game is six to five.
- They have lost the first game.
- The top team in each group played off seven games against each other.
- If you run back over the season, you can't pick out a game in which he played badly.
- If you give your chances away like that, how can you expect to win the game?
- My uncle always gives us a board game for Christmas.
- What's your little game, then?
- None of your games!
- Can you help me plan the meeting—I'm new to this game.
- He's in the computer game these days.
- Lions and tigers are big game.
- He brought no game, and we had no supper.
- The 1984 (Olympic) Games was held in Los Angeles.1984
- He was a game fighter even when he was losing.
- He died game hero's death.
- The camel has a game leg.
- “Who's game for a swim?”“I'm game!”
- He's always game for an adventure.
- He is game for anything no matter how dangerous it is.
- He is game in the leg.
- The little boy was hurt by the fall, but he was game enough to get up and try again.
- deep game
背地里搞鬼; 阴谋,密谋 secret; devious plot
- dirty game
卑鄙的勾当,见不得人的勾当 activity in which people do not always act in an honest way
- fly at higher game
向更高目标努力 make efforts for a higher aim
- game of chance
靠碰运气取胜的游戏 gambling game
- give the game away
露马脚 inadvertently reveal a secret
- know what sb's game is
知道某人的什么用意 discover what sb's intentions are
- losing game
无胜利希望的事 activity which one cannot succeed at
- make game of
取笑… joke with sb
- mug's game
傻瓜才干的事情,蠢事 activity which only a fool would expect to succeed at
- name of the game
重要的事情; 本质的东西 important factor
- off one's game
竞技状态良好 not performing at one's best
- on the game
卖淫 earning money as a prostitute
- play a waiting game
〈口〉伺机而动; 见机行事 delay making a commitment until the situation is more advantageous
- play game with
与…开玩笑 treat sb or sth
- play sb's game
做有利于…的事 do sth for sb
- play the game
规规矩矩地进行比赛 have a match regularly
- put off sb's game
分散…的注意力 distract sb while playing a game
put sb off sb's game
Don't talk; it puts him off his game.
- so that's your game
原来那就是你的鬼把戏 so that is what your intention is
- the game is not worth the candle
这事不值得做; 得不偿失 the result is not worth the effort needed to achieve it
- the game is up
一切都完了 you are discovered
- two can play at that game
那一套不只你会,我也会 I can also be as deceitful
- what's the game?
〈口〉出什么事啦? what is going on?
- what's your game
〈口〉你在干什么 what are you doing
- winning game
有胜利希望的比赛; 有把握的事 game in a series that decides the overall result
- attend a game 参加比赛
- bring in game 打野味
- call a game 宣布暂停比赛
- continue a game 继续比赛
- draw the game 打成平局
- enjoy a game 欣赏比赛
- enter for the games 报名参加比赛
- finish a game 结束比赛
- give the game away 露马脚,泄露秘密
- have a game 进行比赛,有比赛
- have the game in one's hand 稳操胜券
- invent a game 发明游戏
- join in a game 参加比赛
- judge a game 为比赛裁判
- lose a game 输掉一场比赛,比赛失败
- make game of sb 取笑某人,捉弄某人
- play games 闹着玩,不认真对待
- play a game 做游戏
- play a deep game 背地里捣鬼
- play a double game 耍两面派
- play a good game 技术娴熟
- play a poor game 技术不佳
- play a waiting game 伺机下手,伺机行动
- play sb's game 帮某人的大忙
- play the game 讲信义,遵守比赛规则,行动光明正大
- see through sb's game 识破某人的诡计
- shoot game 射猎物
- speak in games 说着玩,开玩笑
- start the game 惊动猎物
- throw a game 故意输球
- throw up the game 放弃计划
- wait game 伺机而动
- watch a game 观看比赛
- win a game 赢得比赛,比赛获胜
- admirable game 精彩的比赛
- bad game 不好的比赛
- big game 大的猎物
- close game 接近的比分
- dangerous game 危险的游戏
- difficult game 复杂的游戏
- dull game 乏味的比赛
- easy game 简单的游戏
- educational game 有教育意义的比赛
- even game 势均力敌的比赛
- excellent game 精彩的比赛
- exciting game 激动人心的比赛
- fair game 准予捕猎的鸟兽,公平的比赛
- good game 精彩的比赛
- hide-and-seek game 捉迷藏
- interesting game 有趣的游戏
- international game 国际比赛
- losing game 不可能取胜的比赛
- one-sided game 一边倒的比赛
- open game 胜负未定的比赛
- open-air game 户外游戏
- outdoor game 户外运动会,室外游戏
- popular game 普及的运动项目
- small game 小猎物
- sold game 事先串通好的比赛
- the Asian Games 亚洲运动会
- the National Games 全国运动会
- the Olympic Games 奥林匹克运动会
- ball game 球类活动
- board game 棋盘游戏
- bowl game (优秀球队举行的)美式足球赛季后比赛
- children's game 儿童游戏
- exhibition game 表演赛
- field game 野外比赛
- football game 足球比赛
- home game 主场比赛
- love game 输方未获一分的比赛
- match game 网球赛中决定全场胜负的一盘
- numbers game 数字游戏
- practice game 练习赛
- summer games 夏季运动会
- the World University Games 世界大学生运动会
- war games 军事演习
- wild-card game 加场赛
- winter games 冬季运动会
- word game 文字游戏
- game for 愿意做某事
We have had pastimes here, and pleasant game.出自：Love's Labour's Lost , Shakespeare
So game, nothing ever scared him.出自： G. Stein
He had a game leg from the war.出自： M. Shadbolt
- 在口语中, game还可作“残疾的; 瘸的”解,属古旧用法。
- game, match, play, sport, tournament
- 1.sport一般指体力运动,如爬山、滑水、钓鱼等; game指常有一定的规则,而且决定胜负的脑力或体力劳动的“竞技”; match多指网球、足球、高尔夫球等运动项目的比赛,常用在英国; play泛指无目的或结果的消遣或娱乐活动; tournament指通过不同级别的比赛而夺魁的体育项目“比赛”“锦标赛”“联赛”。例如:
- Swimming, fishing and horse racing are his favorite sports.游泳、钓鱼和赛马是他最喜欢的运动。
- The golf match will be held tomorrow morning.明天上午举行高尔夫球赛。
- Which side won the football game yesterday?昨天的足球赛哪一队赢了?
- He is fond of play.他喜欢玩。
- The International Table Tennis Friendship Invitational Tournament will be held in China this year.今年的国际乒乓球友谊邀请赛将在中国举行。
- 2.sport和game既可指室内也可指室外的活动; match和tournament一般指室外活动。
- play games 做游戏
- play the game 守规矩
误 People are not allowed to hunt any games in the protective area.
正 People are not allowed to hunt any game in the protective area.
误 Chess is a very slow play.
正 Chess is a very slow game.这剧本是谁写的?
误 Who wrote the game?
正 Who wrote the play?
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的gamen，意为娱乐，玩耍。
- prey adj.