- v. 加强；增强；筑防御工事于；（物质或精神上）支持或鼓励
- vt. 筑防御工事于；筑堡于 build forts on;strengthen against possible attack
- vt. 增强；加强；强化(食品) make stronger,more effective,etc.
make strong or stronger;
"This exercise will strengthen your upper body"
"strengthen the relations between the two countries"
enclose by or as if by a fortification
prepare oneself for a military confrontation;
"The U.S. is girding for a conflict in the Middle East"
"troops are building up on the Iraqi border"
add nutrients to;
add alcohol to (beverages);
"the punch is spiked!"
- They decided to fortify the coastal areas.
- This country will fortify the coastal areas.
- Tungsten is used to fortify steel for cars.
- They fortify the dam against the flood.
- The medieval town is fortified with a high wall and a deep moat.
- Good eating habits help to fortify the body against disease.
- They fortified the coastal area.
- The argument fortified her resolve to prove she was right.
The..Bee..Employ'd at home..to fortify the Combs.出自： Dryden