- vt. 蒸馏 make (a liquid) into gas and then make the gas into liquid
- vt. 从…提取精华 take and separate the most important parts of (a book,a subject,etc.)
undergo condensation; change from a gaseous to a liquid state and fall in drops;
"The acid distills at a specific temperature"
extract by the process of distillation;
"distill the essence of this compound"
undergo the process of distillation
give off (a liquid);
"The doctor distilled a few drops of disinfectant onto the wound"
- Rum is an alcoholic drink distilled from sugar-cane juice.
- You can purify the water by distilling.
- You can distil fresh water from the sea.
- The writer managed to distil his ideas into one succinct article.
- Brandy is distilled from wine.
- Gasoline is distilled from crude oil.
- The televised interview was distilled from 16 hours of film.
Soft showers distill'd, and suns grew warm in vain.出自： Pope
- distillery n. 酿酒厂