the person or thing that is rejected or set aside as inferior in quality
remove something that has been rejected;
"cull the sick members of the herd"
look for and gather;
- The information is culled from various reference books.
- Each autumn, the villagers will cull the sick members of the herd.
- It is usually good practice to cull the poorest prior to field planting.
- A seal cut is forbidden.
- That cut is part of the expected fourth-quarter cull.
- cull lumber 等外材
- woods cull 林中废材
- cull sizer 次果分级机
- cull of brick 光端砖
- cull eliminator 清选台,分选机...
- cull fruit 剔出的次果,残次果...
A list of the words and phrases I'd found..showing an average daily cull from an intelligent newspaper.出自：Times Literary Supplement
A cull of 375 seals is to be allowed..this summer.出自：Guardian
Words aptly culled, and meanings well exprest.出自： G. Crabbe
His wide general knowledge, culled from his father's library.出自： H. Carpenter