- vt. 毁坏；使荒芜；使震惊
- 在感情上压垮 ，制服，压倒，使垮掉，使震惊，使不知所措，使陷于混乱
cause extensive destruction or ruin utterly;
"The enemy lay waste to the countryside after the invasion"
overwhelm or overpower;
"He was devastated by his grief when his son died"
- They intended to devastate the town at one stroke.
- Our Embassy was devastated by three bombs of NATO.
- The country was devastated by a long war.
- I was devastated by the news of the wreck.
France would have to rebuild all the areas devastated by war.出自： P. H. Gibbs
She probably died of heart disease. Dickens was devastated.出自： P. Rose