- vt. 〈正〉使大大地减少；使空虚 lessen greatly in amount,contents,etc.
use up (resources or materials);
"this car consumes a lot of gas"
"We exhausted our savings"
"They run through 20 bottles of wine a week"
- Our stock of food is greatly depleted.
- Mankind must take care not to deplete the earth of its natural resources.
- Wars in the region have depleted the country's food supplies.
- This expense has depleted our funds.
- Our supplies of food are rather depleted.
As..higher grade..mineral resources are depleted, the costs of extraction..go up.出自： A. E. Stevenson
This royal family had recently been depleted by two deaths.出自： A. Fraser
I was feeling utterly depleted and drained.出自： V. Ackland
- depletion n. 损耗，减少；弄空，耗尽