"the archeologists chanced upon an old tomb"
"she struck a goldmine"
"The hikers finally struck the main path to the lake"
take possession of;
"She entered upon the estate of her rich relatives"
- Jessica came upon some old letters when she was cleaning the room.
- I chanced upon an old schoolmate in the street yesterday.
- We decided to swoop down upon the enemy there.
- That day Shvabrin swooped down upon them with his troops.
- Fear came upon her as she walked along the empty street.
- come upon 偶遇
- come upon the stage 进入社会
- come upon the heels of 紧随之后(接踵而至)...
- come down upon someone like a hundred of bricks 严厉谴责某人...
- come down upon someone like a ton of bricks 严厉谴责某人...
- come down upon someone like a load of bricks 严厉谴责某人...
- come upon a snag 触礁
- come down upon someone like a thousand of bricks 严厉谴责某人...
- come and go upon 信赖