in a close relation or position in time or space;
"the onsets were closely timed"
"houses set closely together"
"was closely involved in monitoring daily progress"
in an attentive manner;
"he remained close on his guard"
in a close manner;
"the two phenomena are intimately connected"
"the person most nearly concerned"
- They are closely interconnected.
- We can surely overcome these difficulties as long as we are closely united.
- The situation closely resembles that of Europe in 1940.
- They watched him closely in case he should escape.
- They are closely related.
We have closely sent for Hamlet hither.出自：Hamlet , Shakespeare
Henry was closely confined in the Tower.出自：Oxford English Dictionary
He followed her closely.出自： D. H. Lawrence
A sheet of yellowish parchment, covered closely with Greek characters.出自： J. Buchan
He listened closely to the details of fashionable life.出自： J. Cary
He leant closely to the canvas.出自： G. Greene
The men were in closely tailored slacks or jeans.出自： J. Mitchell
- close通常放在动词之后，但在过去分词之前要用 closely。