a document giving an official instruction or command
the power or right to give orders or make decisions;
"he has the authority to issue warrants"
"deputies are given authorization to make arrests"
"a place of potency in the state"
official permission or approval;
"authority for the program was renewed several times"
the act of conferring legality or sanction or formal warrant
- This authorisation shall have effect until further notice.
- Authorisation for that use has been granted to his immediate downstream user.
- The Credit Card Autopay Authorisation is valid once the approval from the card issuer is obtained.
- The transaction is submitted to the authorisation of the antitrust authorities.
- The authorisation criteria for locally incorporated applicants and overseas applicants to become a licensed bank are broadly the same.