- [C]假定,臆测 sth that is taken as a fact or believed to be true without proof
- [U]担任,承担 the act of assuming
a statement that is assumed to be true and from which a conclusion can be drawn;
"on the assumption that he has been injured we can infer that he will not to play"
a hypothesis that is taken for granted;
"any society is built upon certain assumptions"
the act of taking possession of or power over something;
"his assumption of office coincided with the trouble in Cuba"
"the Nazi assumption of power in 1934"
"he acquired all the company's assets for ten million dollars and the assumption of the company's debts"
celebration in the Roman Catholic Church of the Virgin Mary's being taken up into heaven when her earthly life ended; corresponds to the Dormition in the Eastern Orthodox Church
(Christianity) the taking up of the body and soul of the Virgin Mary when her earthly life had ended
audacious (even arrogant) behavior that you have no right to;
"he despised them for their presumptuousness"
the act of assuming or taking for granted;
"your assumption that I would agree was unwarranted"
- The project was predicated on the assumption that the economy was expanding.
- The theory is based on a series of wrong assumptions.
- His assumption of power was welcomed by everyone.
- He talked with an assumption of ease.
- Don't rely on the information she gave you; it is pure assumption.
- The theory is bottomed on questionable assumptions.
- The army's assumption of power is very fierce.
- We mistook assumption that the price would fall.
- erroneous assumption 错误的假设
- false assumption 错误的假设
- implicit assumption 含蓄的假定
- mere assumption 仅属臆说
- reasonable assumption 合理的设想
- scientific assumption 科学上的假定
Can hang no weight upon my heart In its assumptions up to heaven.出自： Tennyson
- assumption的基本意思是“假定,臆测”,多指无根据的设想; 其后可接that引起的同位语从句,从句中谓语动词可用虚拟式。
- supposition 假设
- statement 陈述
- postulation 假定
- hypothesis 假说
- guess 推测
- theory 学说
- conjecture 推测
- conclusion 结尾
- notion 观念
- belief 信念
- expectation 预料
- speculation 推测
- accession 到达
- idea 主意
- thesis 毕业论文
- robbery 抢劫
- proposition 提议
- prospect 希望
- shot 注射
- presupposition 预先假定
- effrontery 厚颜无耻
- presumptuousness presumptuous...
- premise 前提
- presumption 推测
- premiss 前提
- supposal 想象
- conclusion 结尾