- [C]保证,担保,确信 a firm statement that sth is certainly true or will certainly happen; promise
- [U]把握,信心 confident belief in one's own ability and power
- [U](人寿)保险 insurance against events that are certain rather than possible
freedom from doubt; belief in yourself and your abilities;
"his assurance in his superiority did not make him popular"
"after that failure he lost his confidence"
"she spoke with authority"
a binding commitment to do or give or refrain from something;
"an assurance of help when needed"
"signed a pledge never to reveal the secret"
a statement intended to inspire confidence;
"the President's assurances were not respected"
a British term for some kinds of insurance
- He gave me assurance in black and white.
- I have full assurance of his honesty.
- He gave me a definite assurance that the repairs would be finished tomorrow.
- They were waiting with assurance for me to discover the truth for myself.
- She gave repeated assurances of her loyalty.
- He gave us the assurance that he would offer us more support.
- The young teacher lacked assurance in front of his class.
- He has a life assurance.
- life assurance 人寿保险
But yet I'll make assurance double sure And take a bond of fate.出自：Macbeth , Shakespeare
He spoke with assurance, but I could see the dawning of a doubt in his mind.出自： J. Buchan
Like an ignorant fighter..he is exultant in the assurance of his knowledge and his power.出自： T. C. Wolfe
- assurance的基本意思是“保证,担保,确信”,常与介词about, of等连用,也可接that引起的同位语从句,从句中谓语动词可用虚拟式。
- assurance, insurance
- 这两个名词的共同意思是“保险”。insurance指向保险公司缴纳一定的费用,为健康、伤亡或财产等各类保险,也指保险单、保险费、保险业赔偿金等; assurance是英式英语,表示对将来必定要发生的事进行保险,专指人寿保险。