- 客气地请求， 客气地建议或邀请
- The president proclaimed that a new currency would be issued.
- He would have lost his position if you hadn't backed him up.
- It would take about 30 minutes.
- Every time he saw me, he would say hello to me.
- Whenever he had time, he would do some reading.
- Would you help me with the report?
- They said they would meet us tomorrow morning.
- The party would have arrived by four o'clock.
- Laura said she would be taking a hot shower after work.
- I think you would be safer if you kept away from him.
- If he hadn't gone back for the letter, he wouldn't have missed the train.
- How I would like to see her!
- Would you like a sandwich?
- It is too late, it would seem.
- Many people would think you extremely foolish for parting with it.
- You would say I should have been superior to circumstances.
- I don't think it would be a good method.
- He tried to fire her into joining his applause, but she wouldn't.
- People would make it long and trying.
- I wouldn't evade it,I would defy it.
- When I was a child I would spend hours playing with a doll.
- That would be the book you are looking for.
- Ten days ago I would have sworn to it; but now,I hardly know what to believe.
- The barrel would hold 20 gallons.
- We would have come if you had given us longer notice.
- Would you pay me in cash, please?
- We would be glad to know the answer.
- I would give anything on earth to go away with you.
- I should think we would get on well together.
- The soldiers would sooner die than surrender.
- I'd rather you went tomorrow.
- He'd rather that it hadn't been.
- I only wish someone would make it up for me.
- If only everyone would take that view!
- Would it were still snowing!
- I would I were young.
- I would I knew him better.
- Would to God that I had given him notice on the very day that he came.
- What would you more than that?
- Would that I had seen her before she left.
- He burned the letters so that his wife would never read them.
- as chance would have it 凑巧
- would sooner 宁愿
- would like 想要
- It would try the patience of a saint. 这样会使圣人发脾气。...
- would not touch with a pair of tongs 碰也不想碰 ......
- would not call the king one's cousin 得意已极
- would not touch with a barge-pole 碰也不想碰
- will 决心
- Do as you would be done by. 己所不欲毋施于人。...
- would-be 想要成为的
- seem 似乎
- love 爱
- would rather do 宁愿 ...
- as luck would have it 碰巧
- would rather 宁可
- would give one's eyeteeth 十分迫切,愿付出巨大...
- it would should seem 似乎有点
- would rather have someone's room than someone's company 希望某人走开,不愿见...
- Would you mind …? 请你…好不好? 你反...
- would give the world to 不惜付出任何代价以 ...
- would可用作助动词will的过去式,主要用于第二、第三人称,有时也用于第一人称(详见will)。用于陈述语气时可构成过去将来式、过去将来完成式、过去将来进行式。用于虚拟语气时,在“would+动词不定式的一般式〔完成式〕”结构中与should用法相同(详见should,但would主要用于第二、第三人称)。would还可构成一种委婉、温和、谨慎的语气:①“would like〔desire, wish等表示意志的动词〕”表示愿望、意向、选择等意义,用于各种人称, like后接动词不定式一般式〔完成式〕作宾语,也可接名词或代词作宾语。②“It would seem〔appear〕”,“主语+would think〔imagine, say〕”等结构表示或然性,常用于第二、第三人称,这时would可看作助动词,也可看作情态动(参见will)。③would还可和其他动词自由搭配,构成委婉语气。
- would也可用作情态动词will的过去式:用于陈述语气时可表示过去的意志、决心、习惯或反复性的动作; 表示关于过去的或然性、似真性或揣测; 当句子主语是非生物的第三人称时,表示具有某种能力。用于虚拟语气时:①表示虚拟结果,用于和虚拟条件句相呼应的主句或含蓄条件句中,表示意志、决定或决心。②构成委婉语气,表示“请求”“愿意”“决心”“坚持”,此时既礼貌又强烈、果断。③表示“一定会”,可用于各种人称。④would rather〔sooner, just as soon〕之后接不带to的动词不定式或从句(谓语动词用过去式或过去完成式,连词that常省略),是表示希望的谦逊说法,意为“宁愿…”。⑤主句谓语用wish,从句用“would+动词不定式的一般式”,可表示将来的、没有把握的希望,主句也可省略,从句用if only引导。⑥主句用would(带或不带主语),从句用虚拟语气过去式,可表示现在没有实现的可能; 用陈述语气过去式,可表示还有实现的可能; 从句用虚拟语气过去完成式,可表示与过去事实相反。⑦从句用“would+动词不定式的一般式”,可表示对于将来的愿望。⑧would有时可直接带一个宾语,相当于wish(to have),也可接表示愿望的宾语从句,意思是“要是…就好了”。
- would还可用作独立情态动词,主要用于so that, in order that之后,表示目的。
- would, used to
- used to 和 would都可用来谈过去的习惯,其区别在于：used to 可用来谈动作,也可用来谈情况; would只能用来表示重复的动作。
- used to 过去常常