- 客气地请求， 客气地建议或邀请
- The president proclaimed that a new currency would be issued.
- He would have lost his position if you hadn't backed him up.
- It would take about 30 minutes.
- Every time he saw me, he would say hello to me.
- Would you help me with the report?
They said they would meet us tomorrow morning.
The party would have arrived by four o'clock.
Laura said she would be taking a hot shower after work.
I think you would be safer if you kept away from him.
If he hadn't gone back for the letter, he wouldn't have missed the train.
How I would like to see her!
Would you like a sandwich?
It is too late, it would seem.
Many people would think you extremely foolish for parting with it.
You would say I should have been superior to circumstances.
I don't think it would be a good method.
He tried to fire her into joining his applause, but she wouldn't.
People would make it long and trying.
I wouldn't evade it,I would defy it.
When I was a child I would spend hours playing with a doll.
That would be the book you are looking for.
Ten days ago I would have sworn to it; but now,I hardly know what to believe.
The barrel would hold 20 gallons.
We would have come if you had given us longer notice.
Would you pay me in cash, please?
We would be glad to know the answer.
I would give anything on earth to go away with you.
I should think we would get on well together.
The soldiers would sooner die than surrender.
I'd rather you went tomorrow.
He'd rather that it hadn't been.
I only wish someone would make it up for me.
If only everyone would take that view!
Would it were still snowing!
I would I were young.
I would I knew him better.
Would to God that I had given him notice on the very day that he came.
What would you more than that?
Would that I had seen her before she left.
He burned the letters so that his wife would never read them.
- as chance would have it凑巧
- would sooner宁愿
- would like想要
- It would try the patience of a saint.这样会使圣人发脾气。...
- would not touch with a pair of tongs碰也不想碰 ......
- would not call the king one's cousin得意已极
- would not touch with a barge-pole碰也不想碰
- Do as you would be done by.己所不欲毋施于人。...
- would rather do宁愿 ...
- as luck would have it碰巧
- would rather宁可
- would give one's eyeteeth十分迫切,愿付出巨大...
- it would should seem似乎有点
- would rather have someone's room than someone's company希望某人走开,不愿见...
- would give the world to不惜付出任何代价以 ...
- would可用作助动词will的过去式,主要用于第二、第三人称,有时也用于第一人称(详见will)。用于陈述语气时可构成过去将来式、过去将来完成式、过去将来进行式。用于虚拟语气时,在“would+动词不定式的一般式〔完成式〕”结构中与should用法相同(详见should,但would主要用于第二、第三人称)。would还可构成一种委婉、温和、谨慎的语气:①“would like〔desire, wish等表示意志的动词〕”表示愿望、意向、选择等意义,用于各种人称, like后接动词不定式一般式〔完成式〕作宾语,也可接名词或代词作宾语。②“It would seem〔appear〕”,“主语+would think〔imagine, say〕”等结构表示或然性,常用于第二、第三人称,这时would可看作助动词,也可看作情态动(参见will)。③would还可和其他动词自由搭配,构成委婉语气。
- would也可用作情态动词will的过去式:用于陈述语气时可表示过去的意志、决心、习惯或反复性的动作; 表示关于过去的或然性、似真性或揣测; 当句子主语是非生物的第三人称时,表示具有某种能力。用于虚拟语气时:①表示虚拟结果,用于和虚拟条件句相呼应的主句或含蓄条件句中,表示意志、决定或决心。②构成委婉语气,表示“请求”“愿意”“决心”“坚持”,此时既礼貌又强烈、果断。③表示“一定会”,可用于各种人称。④would rather〔sooner, just as soon〕之后接不带to的动词不定式或从句(谓语动词用过去式或过去完成式,连词that常省略),是表示希望的谦逊说法,意为“宁愿…”。⑤主句谓语用wish,从句用“would+动词不定式的一般式”,可表示将来的、没有把握的希望,主句也可省略,从句用if only引导。⑥主句用would(带或不带主语),从句用虚拟语气过去式,可表示现在没有实现的可能; 用陈述语气过去式,可表示还有实现的可能; 从句用虚拟语气过去完成式,可表示与过去事实相反。⑦从句用“would+动词不定式的一般式”,可表示对于将来的愿望。⑧would有时可直接带一个宾语,相当于wish(to have),也可接表示愿望的宾语从句,意思是“要是…就好了”。
- would还可用作独立情态动词,主要用于so that, in order that之后,表示目的。
- used to过去常常
- would:would v. aux.will的过去式, 将, 愿意习惯用语wouldrather [sooner]...than 宁愿, 宁可...也不wouldrather do sth. 倒更希望, 更喜欢…