- [C] 妻子 the woman to whom a man is married
- a married woman; a man's partner in marriage
- He kissed his wife and children good-bye.
- The cruel man abandoned his wife and child.
- She tried to be an affectionate wife.
- He first met his wife in Rome.
- He treats his wife like a slave.
- She is a good wife and a devoted mother.
- The President's wife follows his every word.
- He employed a detective to shadow his wife.
- Would you please hand this letter to my wife?
- That will be his wife with him, I suppose.
My wife doesn't understand me.
What can I do to win my wife back?
I want you for my wife, will you marry me?
My wife will witness that I was at home all night.
The danger and difficulties of his work greatly worried his wife.
His wife walks over him.
Everyone can see that the death of his wife weighs on him heavily.
His wife walked out on him, and was later seen in a neighbouring city with another man.
He expected his wife to wait on him hand and foot.
He visited his anger on his wife.
He'll unload his wife.
He married a wife by whom he had two daughters.
Some people think that husband and wife should never work together.
The two men went fishing while their wives prepared the dinner.
- an old wives' tale
荒唐故事,无稽之谈 old and usually foolish idea
But that is nothing but an old wives' tale. 那只不过是无稽之谈而已。
- 荒唐故事,无稽之谈 old and usually foolish idea
- afford one's wife 供养妻子
- beat one's wife 殴打妻子
- bring one's wife with him 带着夫人
- get a wife 有妻子,娶妻
- hate one's wife 恨自己的妻子
- have a wife 已娶妻,有妻子
- have one as a wife 娶某人为妻
- kiss one's wife 吻自己的妻子
- kill one's wife 杀死自己的妻子
- leave one's wife 离开自己的妻子
- lose one's wife 丧妻
- love one's wife 爱自己的妻子
- make (sb) a wife 使(某人)成为妻子
- marry a wife 娶妻
- miss one's wife 想念自己的妻子
- neglect one's wife 慢怠自己的妻子,对妻子冷淡
- put away one's wife 置妻室于不顾
- take sb as a wife 娶某人为妻
- treat one's wife badly 待妻子不好
- abused wife 受虐待的妻子
- agreeable wife 惬意的夫人
- beautiful wife 美丽的妻子
- cold wife 冷漠的妻子
- devoted wife 忠诚的妻子
- faithful wife 忠实的妻子
- first wife 第一夫人(国家元首的妻子)
- former wife 前妻
- good wife 贤妻
- hardworking wife 勤劳的妻子
- lawful wife 正妻,原配夫人
- legal wife 合法的妻子,正妻
- lifelong wife 终身伴侣,结发妻子
- loving wife 可爱的妻子
- old wife 上了年纪的妻子
- rich wife 有钱的妻子
- second wife 第二夫人,第二个妻子
- sick wife 多病的妻子
- virtuous wife 贤惠的妻子,忠贞的妻子
- wealthy wife 有钱的妻子
- young wife 年轻的妻子
The village school..had..a kitchen where a wife from the village made flavourless meals.出自：A. Gray
- give sb to wife表示“嫁给某人为妻”, take〔have〕 sb to wife表示“娶某人为妻”“娶妻”也可用marry a wife。
- old wife, old girl, old lady, old woman
这四者都指“女人”,但意思和用法并不相同:1.old girl一般用于子女对母亲或丈夫对妻子的昵称,也可用于对任何年龄女子的爱称(如老大姐),有时则用于贬义,是一种讽刺或不尊敬的称呼。在英国学校中可指“女校友”“女毕业生”。old girl还可用作母马的爱称,常译为“老伙计”。2.old lady和old wife同义,相当于汉语中的“老伴”“老婆”,用于比喻可指“婆婆妈妈的人”。3.old woman是口语用语,在子女与母亲间或夫妻间使用时意思同old girl。用于比喻可指“畏畏缩缩,行为像女人或办事缺乏主动性的男人”。
误 He has three children from his first wife.
正 He has three children by his first wife.
误 take〔have〕 sb to a wife
误 take〔have〕 sb to sb's wife
误 take〔have〕 sb to the wife
正 take〔have〕 sb to wife
析 take〔have〕 sb to wife是固定搭配, wife前不可用任何冠词或人称代词。
误 Mr. Brown is dead, and his wife has to support the family.
正 Mr. Brown is dead, and his widow has to support the family.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语iw的f，意为女性。
- married woman有夫之妇
- significant other配偶
- wife:wife: 【 waif 】 n. 妻子 词形变化: 名词:wifehood 名词复数:wives例句与用法: 1. She is a good wife and a devoted mother.她…