- 远离目标的， 远离的
- 【板】歪球 ，坏球，远离柱门的投球（打击方得一分）
- Widely Integrated Distributed Environments，拓宽的集成分布环境
- 宽的,宽阔的 measuring a large amount from side to side or edge to edge
- 范围大的,广泛的 covering or including a large range of things
- 完全张开的 fully open
- 广大地,广阔地 a great distance from side to side
- 远离目标地 (in sport) far away from the right point
- having great (or a certain) extent from one side to the other;
"a wide necktie"
"three feet wide"
"a river two miles broad"
"a broad river"
- broad in scope or content;
"across-the-board pay increases"
"an all-embracing definition"
"blanket sanctions against human-rights violators"
"an invention with broad applications"
"a panoptic study of Soviet nationality"
"granted him wide powers"
- (used of eyes) fully open or extended;
"stared with wide eyes"
- very large in expanse or scope;
"a broad lawn"
"the wide plains"
"a spacious view"
- great in degree;
"won by a wide margin"
- having ample fabric;
"the current taste for wide trousers"
"a full skirt"
- not on target;
"the kick was wide"
"the arrow was wide of the mark"
"a claim that was wide of the truth"
- with or by a broad space;
"stand with legs wide apart"
"ran wide around left end"
- to the fullest extent possible;
"open your eyes wide"
"with the throttle wide open"
- far from the intended target;
"the arrow went wide of the mark"
"a bullet went astray and killed a bystander"
- to or over a great extent or range; far;
"wandered wide through many lands"
"he traveled widely"
- He is a man of wide interests.
- The paper has a wide readership.
- Computers have been brought into wide use.
- The Asiatic plains are very wide.
- A wide stretch of land spreaded in front of us.
- She stared at him with eyes wide.
- He opened his eyes wide in surprise.
- He has wide knowledge on the subject.
- He has a wide knowledge of painting and music.
- The bullet was wide of the mark.
- The arrow fell wide of its mark.
- The shot went wide.
- Open your mouth wide when you pronounce this sound.
- The flowers spread their fragrance far and wide.
- His reputation has spread far and wide.
- With the championship wide open, this weekend's games are crucial.
He admired the city's wide streets.
There are many wide highways in the province.
His interests spanned a wide range of subjects.
This shop sells a wide variety of goods.
She is a woman of wide reading.
There is a wide gap between the views of the two statesmen.
She stared at him with wide eyes.
The bridge is about ten metres wide.
The garden is ten yards wide.
The gap between the poor and rich is very wide indeed.
His answer was wide of mark.
His guess was wide of the mark.
His remark is wide of truth.
It lies wide of all other forts.
This is wide from purpose.
The gate isn't wide enough to get the car through.
The stream is too wide for me to jump across.
He stood with his legs wide apart.
The window was wide open.
Open your mouth wide.
The arrow fell wide.
The ball went wide.
- give a wide berth
与…保持距离 remain at a safe distance from sb/sth give sb/sth a wide berth
He's so boring that I always try to give him a wide berth at parties.他这个人很没意思,在聚会上我总是对他退避三舍。
- 与…保持距离 remain at a safe distance from sb/sth give sb/sth a wide berth
- three feet wide3 英尺宽
- wide from the purpose 离目的很远
It is better to dwell in a corner..then with a braulinge woman in a wyde house.出自：Bible (Coverdale): Proverbs
The train moved into wide, horizonless steppe-land.出自：M. Moorcock
The dolphins hadn't been brought up in the big wide underwater world.出自：Commercials
He welcomes disorder and confusion, would let them range wide over the earth.出自：G. W. Knight
- wide, broad
这两个形容词的共同意思是“宽阔,广阔”。其区别是：1.用于具体意义表示“宽”时,没有绝对区别,可以相互代替,但broad侧重于面积的广阔,尤指比一般的面积广大; wide强调从一边到另一边的距离远。如:broad street和wide street都指“宽阔的街”,但broad street强调街面的宽大(车辆可以自由往来); wide street强调街两边的距离远(穿行不便)。又如:broad river强调河面的广阔(水天一色); wide river强调两岸的距离远(渡河时费力)。2.表示人的肩背和胸宽时,都只能用broad,不可用wide; 而表示人的眼和嘴大时可用wide,不可用broad。例如:
- ［误］ He has wide shoulders.
- ［正］ He has broad shoulders.
- broad discussion 畅所欲言的自由讨论
- wide discussion 项目繁多的广泛讨论
- wide, widely
- He opened the door wide.
- He has travelled widely.
误 His eyes were wide for fear.
正 His eyes were wide with fear.
析 be wide with是固定搭配,其中介词不能用for。
误 It is a wide generalization to say that men are stronger than women.
正 It is a broad generalization to say that men are stronger than women.
析 a wide generalization是“广泛的结论”,表示这个结论的适用面广; 而a broad generalization是“笼统的结论”,表示这是一个概括性高但忽略了一些例外而得出的结论。
误 He is very awake.
正 He is wide awake.
析 be wide awake意为“十分清醒”,是固定用法。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的iwd，意为宽广的。
- widely adv. 广泛地; 普遍地; 到处; 大量地; 在很大程度上
- wide:wide adj. 宽的, 广阔的, 张大的, 远离目标的adv. 广阔地, 广大地, 远离目标地 英英解释:形容词wide:1. having great (or a certain) extent…