- desired or wished for or sought;
"couldn't keep her eyes off the wanted toy"
"a wanted criminal"
"a wanted poster"
- characterized by feeling or showing fond affection for;
"a cherished friend"
"children are precious"
"a treasured heirloom"
"so good to feel wanted"
- The doctor wanted us to use the sheet for a shroud.
- The invader wanted to attack our country.
- They wanted to know when you would go to the park.
- He wanted to find some wine in the pantry.
- He is wanted by the police.
- After many years abroad, he wanted to return home to his country.
- His love was a sham; he only wanted her money.
- The management wanted some250 workers to give up their present incentive pay, which would have cut their daily wages by about$5 a man.
The Newcastle detective recognised the seaman as the wanted man.出自：R. Travers