an event that departs from expectations
discord that splits a group
the second moment around the mean; the expected value of the square of the deviations of a random variable from its mean value
a difference between conflicting facts or claims or opinions;
"a growing divergence of opinion"
the quality of being subject to variation
an official dispensation to act contrary to a rule or regulation (typically a building regulation);
"a zoning variance"
an activity that varies from a norm or standard;
"any variation in his routine was immediately reported"
- We are at variance about our lodger.
- Variance between transeunt request and self judgement.
- Carl's actions were always at variance with his promises.
- This theory is at variance with the known facts.
- I have felt the variance in temperature.
- Analysis of variance was used for data analysis.
- at variance 有分歧
- minimum variance 最小方差
- sampling variance 抽样方差,抽样变异数...
- pooled variance 合并方差
- genotypic variance 遗传型方差,基因型方...
- volume variance 产量差异
- intraclass variance 组合方差
- estimate variance 估计方差
- variance reduction 方差缩减
- error variance 误差离散,误差方差...
- genetic variance 遗传方差
- population variance 总体方差
- sample variance 采样方差,采样离散,...
- efficiency variance 效率差异
- mix variance 混合差异
- total variance 总方差
- heterogeneous variance 异质性的方差...
- serial variance 系列离散,序列方差...
- material variance 原<材>料用量差异...
- variance test 方差检验
It being reasonable for every man to vary his opinion according to the variance of his reason.出自： Sir T. Browne
- discrepancy 差异
- difference 差异
- divergence 分歧
- division 划分
- disagreement 不合
- disparity 不一致
- inconsistency 不一致
- alteration 改变
- modification 修改
- adjustment 调整
- change 变化
- discussion 讨论
- disunity 不统一
- conflict 冲突
- clash 冲突
- contradiction 矛盾
- dissent 异议
- dispute 争论
- difference of opinion 意见分歧
- variation 变种
- variableness variable的名词形...
- variability 易变
- variant 变体