based on custom rather than documentation;
"an unwritten law"
"rites...so ancient that they well might have had their unwritten origins in Aurignacian times"
using speech rather than writing;
"an oral tradition"
"an oral agreement"
said or done without having been planned or written in advance;
"he made a few ad-lib remarks"
- This is an unwritten constitution.
- He bore the unwritten rule in mind.
- The missive remains unwritten and unsent.
- This assignment will examine Britain's peculiar unwritten constitution.
Diseases unwritten in medical books.出自： N. Hawthorne
The unwritten law that priests and journalists have a right to protect their sources.出自： A. MacVicar
Conforming to this unwritten and indeed unspoken rule.出自： A. Brookner
- oral 口头的
- spoken 口语的
- unrecorded 未记录下来的...
- vocal 声音的
- understood 懂得的
- accepted 公认的
- traditional 传统的
- tacit 心照不宣的
- known 已知的
- ad-lib 即兴演唱
- spontaneous 自发的，自然的，本能的...
- written 书面的