- 两次,两倍 two times; double in quality, rate, etc.
"I called her twice"
to double the degree;
"she was doubly rewarded"
"his eyes were double bright"
- I am more than twice as old as he.
- The length of the table is twice its breadth.
- I've seen this film twice.
- We should brush our teeth at least twice a day.
- Our study group gets together twice a week.
- He was twice absent.
- He has twice the strength he had.
- He earns twice as much as I do.
- Bob phoned twice today.
- This box is twice as large as that one.
- Twice two is four.
- I did it in twice.
- once or twice
一两次,偶尔a few times; occasionally
- think twice
- twice over 两倍
- once or twice 一两次
- once bitten, twice shy 一朝被蛇咬,十年怕井...
- think twice 重新考虑
- cheap 便宜的
- gone 过去的
- a twice-told tale 尽人皆知的故事...
- at twice 分两次
- Wit once bought is worth twice taught. 一次亲身体验抵过两次...
- twice shy. 一回上当二回乖...
- twice removed 隔二代
- Score twice before you cut once. 三思而行。
- twice-told tale 陈旧的故事
- execute twice in succession 连做两次
- twice reflected beam 二次反射束
- twice told 讲过两次的(陈旧的)...
- twice horizontal frequency oscillator 双行频振荡器...
- think twice about 重加考虑(仔细考虑)...
- twice daily milking 每日挤二次奶...
- in twice 分两次
To tax the owners of property twice over in respect of the same thing.出自：Times
Jumbo's succeeded in making me perjure myself twice.出自： J. Mitchell
She was twice crossed in love.出自： G. Battiscombe
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的twiga，意为两次。