- [C]玩具,玩物 an object for children to play with
- vi. 玩弄 play with; amuse oneself with; handle carelessly or absent-mindedly
- vi. 不认真地考虑 not consider (an idea) very seriously
an artifact designed to be played with
a nonfunctional replica of something else (frequently used as a modifier);
"a toy stove"
a device regarded as providing amusement;
"private airplanes are a rich man's toy"
a copy that reproduces a person or thing in greatly reduced size
any of several breeds of very small dogs kept purely as pets
behave carelessly or indifferently;
"Play about with a young girl's affection"
manipulate manually or in one's mind or imagination;
"She played nervously with her wedding ring"
"Don't fiddle with the screws"
"He played with the idea of running for the Senate"
engage in an activity as if it were a game rather than take it seriously;
"They played games on their opponents"
"play the stock market"
"play with her feelings"
"toy with an idea"
- He was appointed to superintend the toy department.
- The child clutched his toy.
- The toy isn't within his reach.
- The child is crying for its toy.
- The two brothers were fighting because of a toy.
- Clear away your toys now.
- The child flew into a rage and began scattering its toys about.
- He has outgrown his interest in toys.
- His latest toy is a personal computer.
- She is only one of the executive's toys.
- The boy floated his toy boat in the shallow water.
- The child trailed a toy horse after him.
- The tail won't come off the toy plane, it's fixed on with nails.
- The boy reached out for the toy train and fell down from the bed.
- toy with( v.+prep. )
并非严肃地考虑… not consider (an idea) very seriously
- break a toy 弄坏玩具
- buy a toy 买玩具
- get a toy 得到玩具
- invent a toy 发明一种玩具
- love a toy 喜爱玩具
- make a toy of sth 把某物当作玩具,以某事自娱
- play with a toy 玩玩具
- prefer a toy 更喜欢某件玩具
- produce a toy 生产玩具
- sell a toy 卖玩具
- wind a toy 给玩具上发条
- make sb a toy 给某人做玩具
- offer sb a toy 给某人玩具
- beautiful toy 漂亮的玩具
- cheap toy 便宜的玩具
- educational toy 益智玩具
- expensive toy 贵重的玩具
- interesting toy 有趣的玩具
- mechanical toy 机械玩具
- modern toy 现代玩具
- musical toy 音乐玩具
- new toy 新玩具
- nice toy 好看的玩具,漂亮的玩具
- old toy 旧玩具
- scientific toy 科学玩具
- executive toy 行政人员的小玩物
- toy boat 玩具船
- toy car 玩具汽车
- toy horse 玩具马
- toy plane 玩具飞机
- toy poodle 小小的宠物贵宾狗
- toy shop 玩具店
- toy soldier 玩具兵
- toy train 玩具火车
There's nothing serious in mortalitysAll is but toys.出自：Macbeth , Shakespeare
He had toyed with many crafts.出自：Times
Cropper toyed with the idea of writing an autobiography.出自： A. S. Byatt
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的toye，意为玩具。