- [C]玩具,玩物 an object for children to play with
- vi. 玩弄 play with; amuse oneself with; handle carelessly or absent-mindedly
- vi. 不认真地考虑 not consider (an idea) very seriously
- an artifact designed to be played with
- a nonfunctional replica of something else (frequently used as a modifier);
"a toy stove"
- a device regarded as providing amusement;
"private airplanes are a rich man's toy"
- a copy that reproduces a person or thing in greatly reduced size
- any of several breeds of very small dogs kept purely as pets
- behave carelessly or indifferently;
"Play about with a young girl's affection"
- manipulate manually or in one's mind or imagination;
"She played nervously with her wedding ring"
"Don't fiddle with the screws"
"He played with the idea of running for the Senate"
- engage in an activity as if it were a game rather than take it seriously;
"They played games on their opponents"
"play the stock market"
"play with her feelings"
"toy with an idea"
- He was appointed to superintend the toy department.
- The child clutched his toy.
The toy isn't within his reach.
The child is crying for its toy.
The two brothers were fighting because of a toy.
Clear away your toys now.
The child flew into a rage and began scattering its toys about.
He has outgrown his interest in toys.
His latest toy is a personal computer.
She is only one of the executive's toys.
The boy floated his toy boat in the shallow water.
The child trailed a toy horse after him.
The tail won't come off the toy plane, it's fixed on with nails.
The boy reached out for the toy train and fell down from the bed.
- toy with( v.+prep. )
摆〔玩〕弄… handle (sth) in a playful manner, as to amuse oneself or express nervousness; treat (sb or sb's feelings) inconsiderately, not seriously
Don't toy with matches. 别摆弄火柴。
All the time he was talking, he was toying with a pencil. 他讲话时一直摆弄一支铅笔。
She was just toying with her food, as if she wasn't really hungry. 她把饭拨弄着玩儿,好像并不饿。
He's never mentioned marriage, and I'm beginning to think he's just toying with me. 他从未提过结婚的事,我开始认为他是在玩弄我。
Never toy with a woman's feelings, or it could be the worse for you! 千万不要玩弄女人的感情,否则你会吃苦头的。
He just toys with her affections. 他只是在玩弄她的感情。
并非严肃地考虑… not consider (an idea) very seriously
You shouldn't toy with great issues. 你不该拿重大问题当儿戏。
He toyed with the idea of becoming an actor. 他曾考虑过要当演员。
He often toyed with the idea of buying a bike but never actually bought one. 他常想买自行车,但并不认真,结果一辆也没买成。
I've been toying with the idea of moving abroad. 我一直胡乱想着移居国外。
Father often toys with the thought of going to live on a tropical island. 父亲时常有去一个热带岛屿上生活的念头。
- 摆〔玩〕弄… handle (sth) in a playful manner, as to amuse oneself or express nervousness; treat (sb or sb's feelings) inconsiderately, not seriously
- break a toy 弄坏玩具
- buy a toy 买玩具
- get a toy 得到玩具
- invent a toy 发明一种玩具
- love a toy 喜爱玩具
- make a toy of sth 把某物当作玩具,以某事自娱
- play with a toy 玩玩具
- prefer a toy 更喜欢某件玩具
- produce a toy 生产玩具
- sell a toy 卖玩具
- wind a toy 给玩具上发条
- make sb a toy 给某人做玩具
- offer sb a toy 给某人玩具
- beautiful toy 漂亮的玩具
- cheap toy 便宜的玩具
- educational toy 益智玩具
- expensive toy 贵重的玩具
- interesting toy 有趣的玩具
- mechanical toy 机械玩具
- modern toy 现代玩具
- musical toy 音乐玩具
- new toy 新玩具
- nice toy 好看的玩具,漂亮的玩具
- old toy 旧玩具
- scientific toy 科学玩具
- executive toy 行政人员的小玩物
- toy boat 玩具船
- toy car 玩具汽车
- toy horse 玩具马
- toy plane 玩具飞机
- toy poodle 小小的宠物贵宾狗
- toy shop 玩具店
- toy soldier 玩具兵
- toy train 玩具火车
There's nothing serious in mortalitysAll is but toys.出自：Macbeth,Shakespeare
He had toyed with many crafts.出自：Times
Cropper toyed with the idea of writing an autobiography.出自：A. S. Byatt
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的otye，意为玩具。
- toy:toy n. 玩具 英英解释:名词toy:1. an artifact designed to be played with同义词：plaything2. a nonfunctional replic…