- v.把 ... 记入卡片；梳理
- [C]卡,卡片,名片 a small sheet of stiffened paper or plastic, usually with information printed on it and having various uses
- [C]柬帖; 明信片 a piece of stiffened paper usually with a picture on the front and a message inside, sent to a person by post on special occasions, such as a birthday or at Christmas; a postcard
- [C]纸牌,扑克牌 any of a set of 52 small sheets of stiffened paper marked to show their number and the class they belong to, and used for various games
- [C]办法,手段,妙计 sth such as a very effective argument or course of action, which gives one an advantage and which one keeps often secretly until the right moment
- one of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes;
"he collected cards and traded them with the other boys"
- a card certifying the identity of the bearer;
"he had to show his card to get in"
- a rectangular piece of stiff paper used to send messages (may have printed greetings or pictures);
"they sent us a card from Miami"
- thin cardboard, usually rectangular
- a witty amusing person who makes jokes
- a sign posted in a public place as an advertisement;
"a poster advertised the coming attractions"
- a printed or written greeting that is left to indicate that you have visited
- (golf) a record of scores (as in golf);
"you have to turn in your card to get a handicap"
- a list of dishes available at a restaurant;
"the menu was in French"
- (baseball) a list of batters in the order in which they will bat;
"the managers presented their cards to the umpire at home plate"
- a printed circuit that can be inserted into expansion slots in a computer to increase the computer's capabilities
- separate the fibers of;
- ask someone for identification to determine whether he or she is old enough to consume liquor;
"I was carded when I tried to buy a beer!"
- They play cards every Friday.
- No one understood how I did the card trick.
- I have received eleven Christmas cards by now.
- He listed all the members' names on the card.
- Will you take my card and ask if he can see me?
- Here is my business card and my address is on it.
- You can brush with a card.
A piece of paper was folded in the card.
He was down on all cards at the middle of the tenth round.
I contrasted Fair's report card with Dan's to show him how poorly he was doing.
This is my visiting card.
He was jailed for doctoring his draft card.
The policeman demanded to see their identity cards.
The proposal to introduce identity cards flies in the face of so many British political traditions.
He was lucky at cards.
He was asked to resign from the club when he was discovered cheating at cards.
Who dealt the cards?
It's your turn to deal the cards.
He fanned out the cards in his hand.
Don't play cards with him. He always cheats.
The train trip was long and tiring, but we killed time by playing cards.
We played cards and he cleaned me out.
I don't drink and I've never played cards.
The child tried to build a house of cards but it soon fell over.
In bridge, each player is dealt thirteen cards.
Before we start the card game, let's draw for partners.
I sent her a sympathy card when she was in hospital.
My brother forgot to buy his wife a birthday card but managed to carry it off by taking her out for an expensive meal.
Things look bad for them, but they still have a few cards up their sleeve.
- a big card
风云人物 a very important person in a special history period
He was once a big card in history. 在历史上，他也曾经是风云人物。
A big card figures in many of her novels. 在她多部小说中出现一个风云人物。
I have heard his name linked with a big card. 我听到他的名字与一位风云人物联系起来。
- 风云人物 a very important person in a special history period
- a sure card
万全之策 the best method
I think that's a sure card. 我想这是万全之策。
Finally, we hit upon a sure card. 我们终于想出了一个万全之策。
We hold a sure card to be practical. 我们认为万全之策是切实可行的。
He introduced us to a sure card. 他向我们介绍了一个万全之策。
- 万全之策 the best method
- ask for one's cards
要求辞职 ask for leaving the job
He's planning to ask for his cards. 他正在计划要求辞职。
The newspaper quoted him telling a group of people that he would ask for his cards soon. 报纸引述他的话告诉一批人他将要求辞职。
He failed to finish the plan, so they placed great pressure on him to ask for his cards. 他没完成计划,因此他们对他大施压力要求他辞职。
It is semiofficially stated that he has asked for his cards. 据半官方的消息说,他已要求辞职。
He suffered the humiliation of being forced to ask for his cards. 他蒙受了被迫要求辞职的羞辱。
I had intended asking for my cards in June, but I think I shall stick it out till the end of the year. 我本来打算6月里要求辞职的,不过我想还是坚持到年底。
- 要求辞职 ask for leaving the job
- chuck in one's cards
〈非正〉停止打牌 stop playing cards
I've had enough of this game; I'll chuck in my cards and go to bed. 这种打牌游戏我玩腻了。我不打了,要去睡觉。
- 〈非正〉停止打牌 stop playing cards
- count on one's card
指望一举成名 wish oneself to be famous
She counted on her card, but failed. 她指望一举成名,但是失败了。
The young man is very clever, and counts on his card in his new job. 这位年轻人很聪明,在新的工作中指望一举成名。
Jane would be lucky to study under such a famous singer, and counted on her card. 简幸运地在这样一位著名歌唱家指导下学习,她指望能一举成名。
I found it dull to split hairs over the privacy of a person who counted on one's card. 我觉得对一个指望一举成名的人的隐私评头论足索然无味。
- 指望一举成名 wish oneself to be famous
- hold one's cards close to one's chest
守口如瓶 keep information from sb
He knew the matter very well, but held his cards close to his chest. 他知道这件事,但是守口如瓶。
I don't know why he held his cards close to his chest. 我不知道他为何一直守口如瓶。
If I tell you the secret, will you hold your cards close to your chest? 如果我告诉你这个秘密,你能守口如瓶吗?
Hold your cards close to your chest, will you?Don't let Mam get on it. 守口如瓶好吗？别让妈妈知道。
- 守口如瓶 keep information from sb
- in the cards
Maybe pulmonary edema was not in the cards for me after all. 也许我根本就不会得肺气肿。
I must think over this. I have known for years that it was in the cards. 我得仔细考虑考虑,许多年来,我就知道这是可能的。
I had always felt that my marriage to her was in the cards. 我觉得我的婚姻是命中注定的。
- 可能的 maybe
- play one's best card
打出王牌 show best method
They had to play their best card at last. 最后他们不得不打出王牌。
- 打出王牌 show best method
- cut cards 切牌
- deal cards 发牌
- exchange cards 交换名片
- get well card 拿到健康卡
- have a card up one's sleeve 有锦囊妙计
- hold all the cards 支配全局
- hold all the winning cards 稳操胜券
- keep away from cards 不要打牌
- play cards 玩牌
- play one's cards badly 把问题处理得不得当
- play one's cards right 小心从事
- play one's cards well 把问题处理得很得当
- play one's last card 使出最后手段
- put one's card on table 摊牌
- show one's cards 亮牌
- throw up one's cards 罢手认输
- application card 申请卡
- birthday card 生日贺卡
- boxing card 拳击程序表
- calling card 名片
- Christmas card 圣诞贺卡
- confirmation card 确认卡
- credit card 信用卡
- Easter card 复活节卡
- filing card 文件卡,档案卡
- flash card 单词卡片
- graduation card 毕业贺卡
- greeting card 贺卡
- library card 借书证
- New Year's card 贺年卡
- permit card 许可证
- playing card 纸牌
- post card 明信片
- press card 记者证
- ration card 食物定量供应卡
- score card 记分卡
- student card 学生证
- sympathy card 慰问卡
- time card 时刻表
- union card 会员证
- visiting card 名片
- wedding card 结婚请帖
That Law..is the Card to guide the World by.出自：fig.
- ☆ 直接源自古法语的ctare，意为纸片，纸牌。
- CARD:Channel Allocation and Routing Data信道分配与路由选择数据
- CARD:Civil Aeronautics Research and Development Policy Study民用航空研究与发展政策研究[美]
- CARD:Center for Autism and Related Disorders, Inc.对于自闭症和相关疾病中心有限公司创立于1996年
- card:card n. 纸牌, 卡片习惯用语a big card [口]风云人物, 要人; 大亨a great card [口]风云人物, 要人; 大亨a deep card [口]机灵鬼,狡猾的家伙a kn…