- n. 纸牌；卡片；名片；<口>怪人；梳理机
- v. 把 ... 记入卡片；梳理
- [C]卡,卡片,名片 a small sheet of stiffened paper or plastic, usually with information printed on it and having various uses
- [C]柬帖; 明信片 a piece of stiffened paper usually with a picture on the front and a message inside, sent to a person by post on special occasions, such as a birthday or at Christmas; a postcard
- [C]纸牌,扑克牌 any of a set of 52 small sheets of stiffened paper marked to show their number and the class they belong to, and used for various games
- [C]办法,手段,妙计 sth such as a very effective argument or course of action, which gives one an advantage and which one keeps often secretly until the right moment
one of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes;
"he collected cards and traded them with the other boys"
a card certifying the identity of the bearer;
"he had to show his card to get in"
a rectangular piece of stiff paper used to send messages (may have printed greetings or pictures);
"they sent us a card from Miami"
thin cardboard, usually rectangular
a witty amusing person who makes jokes
a sign posted in a public place as an advertisement;
"a poster advertised the coming attractions"
a printed or written greeting that is left to indicate that you have visited
(golf) a record of scores (as in golf);
"you have to turn in your card to get a handicap"
a list of dishes available at a restaurant;
"the menu was in French"
(baseball) a list of batters in the order in which they will bat;
"the managers presented their cards to the umpire at home plate"
a printed circuit that can be inserted into expansion slots in a computer to increase the computer's capabilities
separate the fibers of;
ask someone for identification to determine whether he or she is old enough to consume liquor;
"I was carded when I tried to buy a beer!"
- They play cards every Friday.
- No one understood how I did the card trick.
- I have received eleven Christmas cards by now.
- He listed all the members' names on the card.
- Will you take my card and ask if he can see me?
- Here is my business card and my address is on it.
- Bertie's quite a card.
- You can brush with a card.
- A piece of paper was folded in the card.
- He was down on all cards at the middle of the tenth round.
- I contrasted Fair's report card with Dan's to show him how poorly he was doing.
- This is my visiting card.
- He was jailed for doctoring his draft card.
- The policeman demanded to see their identity cards.
- The proposal to introduce identity cards flies in the face of so many British political traditions.
- He was lucky at cards.
- He was asked to resign from the club when he was discovered cheating at cards.
- Who dealt the cards?
- It's your turn to deal the cards.
- He fanned out the cards in his hand.
- Don't play cards with him. He always cheats.
- The train trip was long and tiring, but we killed time by playing cards.
- We played cards and he cleaned me out.
- I don't drink and I've never played cards.
- The child tried to build a house of cards but it soon fell over.
- In bridge, each player is dealt thirteen cards.
- Before we start the card game, let's draw for partners.
- I sent her a sympathy card when she was in hospital.
- My brother forgot to buy his wife a birthday card but managed to carry it off by taking her out for an expensive meal.
- Things look bad for them, but they still have a few cards up their sleeve.
- a big card
风云人物 a very important person in a special history period
- a sure card
万全之策 the best method
- ask for one's cards
要求辞职 ask for leaving the job
- chuck in one's cards
〈非正〉停止打牌 stop playing cards
- count on one's card
指望一举成名 wish oneself to be famous
- hold one's cards close to one's chest
守口如瓶 keep information from sb
- in the cards
- play one's best card
打出王牌 show best method
- cut cards 切牌
- deal cards 发牌
- exchange cards 交换名片
- get well card 拿到健康卡
- have a card up one's sleeve 有锦囊妙计
- hold all the cards 支配全局
- hold all the winning cards 稳操胜券
- keep away from cards 不要打牌
- play cards 玩牌
- play one's cards badly 把问题处理得不得当
- play one's cards right 小心从事
- play one's cards well 把问题处理得很得当
- play one's last card 使出最后手段
- put one's card on table 摊牌
- show one's cards 亮牌
- throw up one's cards 罢手认输
- application card 申请卡
- birthday card 生日贺卡
- boxing card 拳击程序表
- calling card 名片
- Christmas card 圣诞贺卡
- confirmation card 确认卡
- credit card 信用卡
- Easter card 复活节卡
- filing card 文件卡,档案卡
- flash card 单词卡片
- graduation card 毕业贺卡
- greeting card 贺卡
- library card 借书证
- New Year's card 贺年卡
- permit card 许可证
- playing card 纸牌
- post card 明信片
- press card 记者证
- ration card 食物定量供应卡
- score card 记分卡
- student card 学生证
- sympathy card 慰问卡
- time card 时刻表
- union card 会员证
- visiting card 名片
- wedding card 结婚请帖
That Law..is the Card to guide the World by.出自： fig.
- ☆ 直接源自古法语的carte，意为纸片，纸牌。