caused to fall to the ground;
"the thrown rider got back on his horse"
"a thrown wrestler"
"a ball player thrown for a loss"
twisted together; as of filaments spun into a thread;
"thrown silk is raw silk that has been twisted and doubled into yarn"
- Her research has thrown up some interesting facts.
- You have thrown away a good opportunity.
- You know that Bill was thrown out of college for failing his exams.
- He had a brick thrown at him at that meeting.
- His clothes were just thrown down anyhow.
- The poor peasant was thrown into a dungeon.
- A cigarette thrown into the woods in dry weather may start a fire.
- He was quick to take up the gauntlet thrown down by the opposition.