- [C][U]温度,气温 the degree of heat or coldness of a place, object, etc.
- [S]高烧,发烧,发热 a bodily temperature higher than correct one; a fever
the degree of hotness or coldness of a body or environment (corresponding to its molecular activity)
the somatic sensation of cold or heat
- The temperature has stayed hot this week.
- The temperature soared to 43 degrees centigrade on July 25.
- After the storm there will be a sharp drop in temperature.
- Let me take his (her) temperature and have a check.
- He coughed, his temperature was a little up.
- Water freezes at the temperature of 0 degrees Celsius.
- This heating system has an automatic temperature control.
- There is an imperceptible change in temperature.
- The temperature of volcanic gases is very high.
- The food should be kept at low temperature.
- When I was ill, I had a high temperature; I felt very hot.
- She's been running a temperature of 100°F for two days.
- The temperature is up 10 degrees today.
- The normal temperature of the human body is 37℃.
- Do you know the optimum temperature for the growth of plants?
- A cool breeze caused a precipitate drop in the temperature.
- There had been a sharp rise in the patient's temperature during the night.
- The food must be kept at a low temperature.
- Different solids melt at different temperatures.
- The cooker has several temperature settings.
- The child has a temperature, send for a doctor.
- If you have got a running temperature you should stay in bed.
- take sb's temperature
量体温 measure the heat of sb's body
- have a temperature 发烧
- keep a temperature 保持温度
- lower the temperature 降低温度
- measure the temperature 测量温度
- raise the temperature 升高温度
- record a temperature 记录温度
- run a temperature 发烧
- take the temperature 量温度
- absolute temperature 绝对温度
- average temperature 平均温度
- certain temperature 某一温度
- constant temperature 恒温
- different temperature 不相同的温度
- high temperature 高温
- low temperature 低温
- normal temperature 正常温度
- ordinary temperature 常温
- slight temperature 略微发烧
- usual temperature 通常的气温
The Foundation of all..is a proper Temperature of Fear and Love.出自： T. Secker
- temperature的基本意思是“温度,气温”,泛指“温度”时,是不可数名词; 其他情况下可用作可数名词; 指不同的温度时可用复数形式。
误 The temperature was very hot yesterday.
正 The temperature was very high yesterday.热带地区的温度是很高的。
误 The temperature in the tropics is very hot.
正 The temperature in the tropics is very high.
误 She had the temperature and wasn't feeling well.
正 She had a temperature and wasn't feeling well.
析 “发烧”可以说 have〔run〕 a temperature,不定冠词 a 不可以改成定冠词 the。护士给他量了体温。
误 The nurse felt his temperature.
正 The nurse took his temperature.
析 “(给…)量体温”可以说 take sb's temperature, take不可以用feel代替。
- ☆ 15世纪中期进入英语，直接源自拉丁语的temperatura，意为适度的。