- [U][C]电视 process of transmitting and reproducing on a screen events,scenes, plays, etc.in pictures and sound, using radio signals
- [U]电视播放的节目 programmes broadcast in this way
- [C]电视机 apparatus with a screen and loudspeaker for receiving television broadcast
- [U]电视台,电视行业 organization producing and transmitting television programmes
- broadcasting visual images of stationary or moving objects;
"she is a star of screen and video"
"Television is a medium because it is neither rare nor well done"
- a telecommunication system that transmits images of objects (stationary or moving) between distant points
- an electronic device that receives television signals and displays them on a screen;
"the British call a tv set a telly"
- He turned up the volume on the television.
- His first film was shown on television this weekend.
- The television audience aggregated 30 millions.
- The old story was worked over for television.
- Television is an enormously competitive business.
Who invented television?
Newspapers, televisions, and radios are mass media.
The Prime Minister set forth the aims of his government in a television broadcast.
The children are watching television.
There's a good television show on tonight.
I stored my television with a friend.
I have seen the days when there was neither radio nor television.
He fixed up my television set.
The man has come to see to the television set.
I must see about getting that television set repaired.
Want to buy a television set?
The advertisement says that Macy's is selling out their entire supply of last year's television sets at a great discount.
She's seeking fame in the world of television.
She works in television.
The first television station was set up in Beijing in May 1958 and its installations were all Chinese-made.1958
- on (the) television
在电视上播放 broadcasting or being broadcast by television
The President would speak to the nation on television. 总统将向全国发表电视讲话。
Did you see that play on television? 你在电视上看过那个剧没有?
The Prime Minister, speaking on television, denied reports. 首相在电视讲话中否认传闻。
- 在电视上播放 broadcasting or being broadcast by television
- own a television 有一台电视机
- put on television 打开电视
- speak on television 电视讲话
- turn off the television 关电视
- turn on the television 开电视
- watch television 看电视
- black-and-white television 黑白电视
- close-circuit television 闭路电视
- large-screen television 大屏幕电视
- educational television 教育电视节目
- local television 当地电视节目
- national television 全国性电视节目
- public television 大众文化教育电视节目
- television address 电视讲话
- television announcer 电视节目播音员
- television camera 电视摄像机
- television documentary 电视播放的纪实节目
- television pictures 电视图像
- television programmes 电视节目
- television series 电视系列片
- television tower 电视塔
- on the television 电视上,由电视播送
John L. Baird..invented an apparatus which makes television possible.出自：Glasgow Herald
We'll watch television.出自：M. Hocking
- television的基本意思是指通过无线电波传送影像的技术或装置,即“电视”或“电视机”。作“电视”解时,用作不可数名词; 作“电视机”解时,常与set连用,用作可数名词; 也可表示“电视播放的节目”,用作不可数名词; 还可表示“电视台,电视行业”,用作不可数名词。
误 Now more and more families in this village have colour televisions.
正 Now more and more families in this village have colour television sets.
析 television 虽也可作“电视机”讲,但通常用television set来表示具体的一台电视机。
- boob tube <美> 电视机...
- TV set电视机
- small screen电视的(微弱信号)...
- goggle-box <英俚>电视机...
- idiot box <俚>电视机
- television set电视接收机
- entertainment center娱乐中心
- goggle box电视机
- television system电视制式
- television receiver电视接收机
- television:television n. 电视, 电视机, 电机学, 电视广播事业Google提供的广告习惯用语on (the) television 电视广播；由电视播送What's on television…