- [U][C]电视 process of transmitting and reproducing on a screen events,scenes, plays, etc.in pictures and sound, using radio signals
- [U]电视播放的节目 programmes broadcast in this way
- [C]电视机 apparatus with a screen and loudspeaker for receiving television broadcast
- [U]电视台,电视行业 organization producing and transmitting television programmes
broadcasting visual images of stationary or moving objects;
"she is a star of screen and video"
"Television is a medium because it is neither rare nor well done"
a telecommunication system that transmits images of objects (stationary or moving) between distant points
an electronic device that receives television signals and displays them on a screen;
"the British call a tv set a telly"
- He turned up the volume on the television.
- His first film was shown on television this weekend.
- The television audience aggregated 30 millions.
- The old story was worked over for television.
- He decided to pursue a career in television.
- Television is an enormously competitive business.
- Who invented television?
- Newspapers, televisions, and radios are mass media.
- The Prime Minister set forth the aims of his government in a television broadcast.
- The children are watching television.
- There's a good television show on tonight.
- I stored my television with a friend.
- I have seen the days when there was neither radio nor television.
- He fixed up my television set.
- The man has come to see to the television set.
- I must see about getting that television set repaired.
- Want to buy a television set?
- The advertisement says that Macy's is selling out their entire supply of last year's television sets at a great discount.
- She's seeking fame in the world of television.
- She works in television.
- The first television station was set up in Beijing in May 1958 and its installations were all Chinese-made.1958
- on (the) television
在电视上播放 broadcasting or being broadcast by television
- own a television 有一台电视机
- put on television 打开电视
- speak on television 电视讲话
- turn off the television 关电视
- turn on the television 开电视
- watch television 看电视
- black-and-white television 黑白电视
- close-circuit television 闭路电视
- large-screen television 大屏幕电视
- educational television 教育电视节目
- local television 当地电视节目
- national television 全国性电视节目
- public television 大众文化教育电视节目
- television address 电视讲话
- television announcer 电视节目播音员
- television camera 电视摄像机
- television documentary 电视播放的纪实节目
- television pictures 电视图像
- television programmes 电视节目
- television series 电视系列片
- television tower 电视塔
- on the television 电视上,由电视播送
John L. Baird..invented an apparatus which makes television possible.出自：Glasgow Herald
We'll watch television.出自： M. Hocking
- television的基本意思是指通过无线电波传送影像的技术或装置,即“电视”或“电视机”。作“电视”解时,用作不可数名词; 作“电视机”解时,常与set连用,用作可数名词; 也可表示“电视播放的节目”,用作不可数名词; 还可表示“电视台,电视行业”,用作不可数名词。
误 Now more and more families in this village have colour televisions.
正 Now more and more families in this village have colour television sets.
析 television 虽也可作“电视机”讲,但通常用television set来表示具体的一台电视机。
- TV (=television...
- tube 管子
- boob tube <美> 电视机...
- TV set 电视机
- box 盒子
- telly (英口)电视
- video 录像
- small screen 电视的(微弱信号)...
- goggle-box <英俚>电视机...
- telecast 以电视广播传送...
- broadcast 广播
- videocast 电视广播
- airing 公开发表
- set 放置
- console 安慰
- idiot box <俚>电视机
- television set 电视接收机
- entertainment center 娱乐中心
- idiot 白痴
- center 中心
- boob 笨蛋
- entertainment 娱乐
- television 电视机
- goggle box 电视机
- television system 电视制式
- television receiver 电视接收机
- telecasting 电视广播