after the expected or usual time; delayed;
"a belated birthday card"
"I'm late for the plane"
"the train is late"
"tardy children are sent to the principal"
"always tardy in making dental appointments"
- He was tardy for the meeting.
- The teacher gave the tardy student what for.
- His boss was dissatisfied with his tardy progress.
- She is so forgetful and tardy with work.
- The law is often tardy in reacting to changing attitudes.
- The agency has been heavily criticized for its tardy response to its clients.
Montanus, in whose heresie Tertullian (though else a good man) was tardie.出自： J. Shute
For once, there is..regret that the service is not a tad more tardy.出自：Sunday Mail (Brisbane)
- quick 迅速的