- 概述，概括 ，总结，总括，归纳
- 总计，计算…的总和 ，合计，相加，求和，共计
- =surface-to-underwater missile 舰对水下导弹
- [S] 总数,总和 total
- [C] 金额 amount of money
- [P] 算术 problem in arithmetic
- vt. 合计 give the total of
- vt. & vi. 总结; 归纳 express briefly the chief points of what has been said
- a quantity of money;
"he borrowed a large sum"
"the amount he had in cash was insufficient"
- a quantity obtained by the addition of a group of numbers
- the final aggregate;
"the sum of all our troubles did not equal the misery they suffered"
- the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience;
"the gist of the prosecutor's argument"
"the heart and soul of the Republican Party"
"the nub of the story"
- the whole amount
- a set containing all and only the members of two or more given sets;
"let C be the union of the sets A and B"
- be a summary of;
"The abstract summarizes the main ideas in the paper"
- determine the sum of;
"Add all the people in this town to those of the neighboring town"
- I had to spend a large sum of money to get it back.
- I save a nice little sum out of my wages each week.
- The sum of 5 and 3 is 8.
- Is that the sum of what you've done in the last two years?
- What I just said is the sum of the book.
- So, to sum up, we need to concentrate on staff training.
- The last section sums up all the arguments on either side.
- Please sum up what you said just now.
- Now, I sum them up in 3 main points.
- These instances sum up to several dozen.
The expenses came to an enormous sum.
The sum will be increased by fifteen percent.
She is better at sums than I am.
Contributions summed into several thousand yuan .
The accountant summed the cost of the machine.
- sum up (v.+adv.)
是…的总和〔总数〕; 合计 make a total (of an amount)These ten books sum up this year's production.本年度共出版了十本书。
They summed up the money they spent last month. 他们合计出了他们上个月所花金额的总数。
总结,概括 give a short account of (sth)Many members spoke at the meeting, and finally the chairman summed up the discussion.许多成员在会上发了言,最后主席总结了这次讨论。
They sum up their experience at the end of every year as a rule. 他们通常在年终总结经验。
You have only 100 words in which to sum up his speech. 你只能用100字来概括他的讲话。
I can't sum up his whole philosophy in one sentence. 我无法用一句话来概括他的全部人生观。
We can sum up the main point of the lesson in three sentences. 我们可以用三句话来概括本课要点。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
It can be summed up in two words. 这可以用三言两语概括起来。
向陪审团概述案情 (of a judge in a court of law) give the main facts of the case to the juryWhen both sides have presented their case, the judge will sum it up.诉讼双方申述后,法官将向陪审团概述其要点。
The judge has a responsibility to sum up the case as clearly and fairly as possible. 法官负有尽可能清楚、公正地概述案件的责任。
对…迅速作出判断或鉴定 judge (sb or sth) quicklyShe quickly summed him up.她很快就对他的人品作出评论。
He was able to sum us up in a very short time. 他能够在短时间内得出对我们的看法。
I can't sum him up, first he seems one kind of person and then another. 我说不出他是什么样的人,他一会儿像这种人,一会儿又像另一种人。
- 是…的总和〔总数〕; 合计 make a total (of an amount)These ten books sum up this year's production.本年度共出版了十本书。
- sum up 是…的总和,总数; 总结,概括; 对…迅速作出判断或鉴定
- sum up one's assets 计算某人的资产
- sum up sb's character in a term 用一个词概括某人的性格
- sum up one's experience 总结某人的经验
They..hope to raise the sum of s500.出自：M. Beerbohm
He pressed on me a sum far in excess of what I had spent.出自：F. King
His statues of Lenin..and other great ones brought in large sums of money.出自：S. Rosenberg
He summed data of six previous studies.出自：Nature
- sum, aggregate, amount, number, quantity, total, whole
这组词的共同意思是“总数、总合”。其区别是：aggregate指把数目的各个部分加在一起；amount指累积的结果；number指数字或东西相加所得的总数；sum指最后的总结果，表示截至现在的总数, 还有增加的可能；total和whole都指合计的结果的全体，total常指大的数量，whole也含有各部分总和的意味。quantity主要表示物质的量。adj.［' ɡrIɡət］
- sum up, add, figure, total
这四个词(组)都可表示“相加(数字)”。其区别在于：1.total强调计算的结果,为非正式用语,多用于口语中。2.sum up强调计算的总数,常用于抽象意义,意思是“总结”“概括”。例如:Many members spoke at the meeting, and finally the chairman summed up the discussion.许多成员在会上发了言,最后主席总结了这次讨论。You have only 100 words in which to sum up his speech.你只能用100字来概括他的讲话。3.figure常用于计算费用。例如:I figured in our train tickets but forgot the bus fares.我把火车票算进去却把公共汽车费忘了。4.add是普通用语,也是科技用语,主要指运用算术中的加法运算,即求出一系列数字或数量之和,广义则指把一物“加入”或“添加”到另一物中以“增加”原物的重量、规模、总量或重要性。例如:The little girl doesn't know how to add yet.这小女孩还不懂如何做加法。If the tea is too strong, add some hot water. 要是茶太浓,可加点开水。
- sum up, summarize
- quantity amount number sum
- ☆ 直接源自古法语的umsme，意为总量；最初源自拉丁语的umsma，意为高位。
- sum:sum n. 总数, 和, 金额, 算术题 英英解释:名词sum:1. a quantity of money同义词：sum of money, amount, amount of money2. a…